Server Move: Complete

Server Move
It was a great success

If you can see this thread, your DNS has changed and you are now using the new Surreal server. Much will seem the same, things might appear quicker (they are twice as quick!), but for the most part, the experience is the same. Some things have changed around the place, and we'll go over them in this thread to recap.

Automatic Deactivations

Commencing shortly, ANY user we have registered as 'Active' that has not attended an event for 90 days or more will be deactivated. Their forum rank will change to 'Past Member', and they will no longer have a Clan Chat rank. Don't worry - if you are affected, you will receive a private message with details about how you can rejoin once you're back. This makes it twice as important to let us know about your absences, so you don't get booted from the clan.

Overall Levels

Overall badges are going to be removed in favour of a new feature on the forums exclusive to Active Members. I'll let the screenshot speak for itself (yay for no longer needing to ask staff to update your profile!)

[Image: XyemNYN.jpg]

Automatic Rank Promotions

When you reach the activity points to level up your rank, we'll know about it likely before you do! The server is going to automatically promote you on the forums and in the HUB, and will contact staff on your behalf to change your Clan Chat rank. Nifty? smile

Please bare in mind, you will likely receive an email from our forum congratulating you on your promotion, as it is setting your rank for the first time.

Emails, Registration and Lost Passwords

I can verify that the new server now successfully sends lost password reset emails and registration activation emails properly. No 404 errors upon registering either!

Improvements Coming Soon

Now that we have this server going, expect more improvements to come now that it's not an issue. If you notice anything weird or any errors, please contact me ASAP.
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
Nice job, Jordan! Biggrin
[Image: 2015-11-motm.png]
Great job Jordan Wub
[Image: UvXSfs2.png]
[Image: kCsmlGL.jpg][Image: user1-dark.png]
Take a look at my awesome G&A-thread here!
Annual Surreal Awards 2016 (Click to View)
Looks good bud!
[Image: pmRHyWO.png]
[Image: user1-dark.png][Image: user1-dark.png]
Feel free to contact me any time about anything Biggrin <3 
YAY Biggrin I had to use a different browser to get here lol but I made it!

Yay for new stuff! Keep up the awesome work Jordy! Biggrin
[Image: GpJL.png]

[Image: GVO3.png]
was boards. but now board lol
yeaaaah finally website worked for me just now smile

congratulation for Moving da server safe
Awesome work.
Jordy you sexy beast! Great job!
[Image: KittehPryde.png]
RSN: KittehPryde - Ironman RSN: FallOutPiXeY
[Image: zocnja.jpg]
[Image: 33cyesl.jpg] [Image: 2445z76.jpg]
everything happens for a reason.
live today, like tomorrow is your last.
it's better to be hated for who you are, than to be loved for who you are not.
Wicked features added. Well done! AND THANKS! smile