Spring Cleaning (Without the.. Spring?)

What can I say Surreal? I've had the privilege to be running this clan for the past 4 months and it's been a ride. I can't wait to see what's ahead in the coming months! As you know and love the fact that the Wilderness and Free Trade has come out, I've also noticed something that I don't love so much... inactivity. We went from 75%+ Clan activity to a much lower number because of this update (evidently!) and it has to be fixed.

I know that you guys are enjoying this update quite a lot which is understandable, but this activity has to rise. Here at Surreal the staff and I spend hours planning and sorting out this clan - we expect at least a bit of involvement in return. I'm not saying everyone isn't involved; we still get a good amount of people, but it seems that ever since free trade & Wilderness came out we've been on the decline.

As my friend Jazzy told me the other day, due to this Wilderness & Free Trade update; skillers are finally the minority again, not everyone is obliged to be one, and I as a clan leader want skillers in a skilling clan.

So right now, in public... I'm going to say this. Out with activity requirements for this month. I'm going to be doing some spring cleaning. If within the next week or so I and staff members deem you inactive via a vote, you will be removed from the clan. This coming week you have a chance to redeem yourself and stay in Surreal.

No involvement in the clan by anyone is not tolerated and I have been a little too lenient on this. It's now time to bump up the requirements for this month to make sure my members are still dedicated even after this update. Let's see who the true skillers are Tongue

You have been warned and I've given you all a week to enjoy the update, but please give Surreal some consideration, too. We haven't forgotten about you!

The lowdown:
  • If you have ZERO participation or close to that without sufficient inactivity notice to staff, you will not have a place here now or later.
  • I will be watching VERY carefully smile
Downfall
Surreal Founder
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
I like this. And agree with it.

Everyone MUST! be a pure now.. and wants to be one >_<

I dislike that.

But hopefully i do not get voted out O: ! <3

Goodluck with everything.

truth is, not everyone is going to like you.
you'll be beautiful to one, and ugly to another.
you're amazing to one, and terrible to another.
there will always be people who bring you
down, who disagree with you, who hurt you,
and that's normal. just hold your head up high:
for every person who brings you down, there
are more who are willing to keep you up.

they're the ones that keep you strong.
Hope it picks up smile.
[Image: Mak.png]
[Image: mak.png]
I'll bring my feather duster Superman

Would be great to see an activity spike from everyone. I know the hype around the Wilderness and Free Trade is pretty huge, but that's no excuse to completely forget about this place!
Adventurer's Log | Exp Tracker | Goals & Achievements
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
In my opinion it's not very hard at all too keep active. There are lots of topics on the forums where you can post and gain post count and have good discussions or even just post on a poll or somebody's Goals & Achievement thread.

Also Events, we provide nearly 6 every week for you all with a different variety of events to suit/please all members. We do take a lot of time doing this and we're only happy when we get the best outcome.
We fully know what you're all capable of! Now get back to where you were and be normal again! Grin

<3 Surreal. WubWub
I am definitely a forum regular that's for sure, and you're not going to lose me, I don't even like the wilderness and free trade update. I don't even like combat Tongue
[Image: xjWu8.png]
[Image: 2a6jyb5.png]

I love that you actually pay attention and take action to do something when you see something going wrong in the clan as well as that you actually notice in the first place, and I think you're doing a great job Downfall, as well as all staff members at making this a great clan for everyone in it. (10000000000000x better than got-skills Wink) I will definitely be staying active and I agree with frosty I also don't like the wildy and free trade update or combat.
So im not allowed to pk in a week?
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
(2011-02-06 04:37:19)l Zephyr l Wrote:  So im not allowed to pk in a week?

Where in that post did I say that? You're allowed to PK, you're allowed to be involved in combat - just be involved in this clan, too. We do exist, y'no.
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
I agree. 'Nuf said :p
[Image: Vf5Ok.png]
[Image: k00kmf.png]