Poll: Which method should I use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Method 1
0 0%
Method 2
6 100.00%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[Answered] How to train Herblore to 99???
Thread Closed 

Magnifying Glass 
Allright, I've a little problem here. I'm doing quite some farm-trips each day to get as many herbs as possible. Now I've calculated 2 roads to 99 Herblore but I just don't know which one to pick. Any advice would be awesome! (Note: I will be farming every herb myself and also the second ingredients for the extremes. I won't collect the second ingredients for the other potions)

Method 1
  • 14K Prayer Potions
  • 14K Super Attack Potions
  • 14K Super Strength Potions
  • 14K Super Defence Potions
  • 14K Ranging Potions
  • 14K Magic Potions

This method will allow me to sell the potions so I've some profit.

Method 2
  • 5K Prayer Potions
  • 5K Super Attack Potions
  • 5K Super Strength Potions
  • 5K Super Defence Potions
  • 5K Ranging Potions
  • 5K Magic Potions
    AFTER THE ABOVE POTIONS ARE FINISHED:
  • 5K Extreme Attack Potions
  • 5K Extreme Strength Potions
  • 5K Extreme Defence Potions
  • 5K Extreme Ranging Potions
  • 5K Extreme Magic Potions
  • 5K Super Prayer Potions

This method doesn't allow me to sell any potions as I need them all to make extremes and they can't be sold.
Note: I won't be making Overloads as Torstol is way to expensive.
[Image: UvXSfs2.png]
[Image: kCsmlGL.jpg][Image: user1-dark.png]
Take a look at my awesome G&A-thread here!
Annual Surreal Awards 2016 (Click to View)
Cheapest method is Sanfew Serums or w/e to 90 then Extreme magics to 99.
I'm not really looking for the cheapest method. I've calculated 2 methods but I don't know which one to use.
are you going to use the extremes? if so then do second method.
I second that Meg, if you use, you better train by option 2. I voted for that.
[Image: unled1bqq.png]
As I can't sell the extremes I will definatly use them for slayer/monster hunts smile
I would make spec restores too. atleast 500. they are helpful and cheap i think.

Dont make super prays. Way too much effort for not much benefit imo. I would buy however many torstols i would need now and wait for the next 2x weekend. That way instead of 5k super prays you make about 1k overloads on 2x weekend. I dont know the prices for that, but you may want to look into the math on that.

If you ever decide you do want ovls, youll be kicking yourself if you've used up all your extremes and have to make more. But 5k is a lot to go through.

What I personally did was make enough of one extreme pot till it got me to the next level of extreme pot I could make that. Then I made that pot till the next level. That way, I only made 2k or so of each pot. But I also made ovls from 96, so that may not be helpful for you. I would shell out the money if I were you, because ovls are worth it. Torstols were also about 20-25k cheaper when I did it, so the choice is yours.

If anything, do a combination of the two methods.

Make about 1k of each extreme, then everything else make in normal pots you can sell. 1k is alot to go through, so it should last you awhile.
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
Thanks for the insight. I've looked into the spec restores and overloads etc but the overloads stay to expensive for me. As for the spec restores... well, the only spec I use is for enhanced Excaliber but in combination with a Bunyip I rarely need to use it so I've no real use for them.

For the super pray pots I'm planning on killing the wyverns myself, thus training combat aswell. If I get a visage from them (not really hoping for one with my luck), I'd sell it and buy the rest of the wyvern bones (still have profit then)
Extreme pot way, excluding that many super prayer pots. Make maybe 1000 at most.

Make atleast 200 OVL's. You'll be kicking yourself when you get to 99 and realise that you want some OVL's.
1000 super restores and 2000 sara brews in and you will have perfect potion supply for bossing.

OVL+Brew is awesome, and the sole reason I'm getting 92 herb.

If you want the lowest cost with reasonable XP/HR go for Magic Pots to sell, or make them into extremes.

Some gp/xp calcs for you:
http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Calculat...me_potions
http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Calculators/Potions
[Image: a3ceade7d1.png]
[Image: zam-icon.png][Image: newbh.png]
0 > 1

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Profitable herblore/prayer training method Dave 12 8,356 2014-03-01 21:20:03
Last Post: Papa Malice
  What to train combat on in F2P? And money? GiantSp00n 5 4,597 2013-03-28 19:58:00
Last Post: Gold_Trustee
  Answered Which skill to train in the BEW Prisci 6 3,914 2012-03-21 03:21:28
Last Post: Shay
  Herblore Habitat ReturnFate 5 3,830 2011-01-17 11:47:50
Last Post: Jason