Runescape Dating
Thread Closed 

So today on Runescape I was going about my buisness, herbs runs and so on. Then as I was there yielding my crop two love birds appeared, wearing the same, doing the same things at the same time. This however is not the first time I have spotted people like within the game of Runescape. I would be interested in your thoughts and opinions in this matter, here is a photo.

[Image: edate.png]
[Image: Pokemon_logo___Umbreon_by_PrinzeBur.gif]
I feel sorry for them. :/
My thoughts are that the lad with not shirt on is a total spunk!

In all seriousness however, I don't see it as a problem, it's all in good fun smile
[Image: xjWu8.png]
[Image: 2a6jyb5.png]

Hell, I'd love to find a girl that played Runescape, good on him Tongue
I guess the question really depends on how deep into the subject you want to go. RuneScape dating alone, or online dating all together?
Shay I think he means just Runescape Dating.

I see no problem with it. Connecting with someone online that you might not meet in person is an amazing feeling. I have know allot of people who have found love in Runescape, Britt being one of them. I have known other people in game who had disabilities so they spent most of their time on RS and had found love that way. Whether it's IRL or Online if they are happy that's all that matters. I support it, because you never know where you will find love. Anything is possible.
[Image: KittehPryde.png]
RSN: KittehPryde - Ironman RSN: FallOutPiXeY
[Image: zocnja.jpg]
[Image: 33cyesl.jpg] [Image: 2445z76.jpg]
everything happens for a reason.
live today, like tomorrow is your last.
it's better to be hated for who you are, than to be loved for who you are not.
The reason I ask is because more often than not, RuneScape dating leads to online dating. Why just date in the game alone if you really like one another, right? There is also just playful RS dating where people claim to be couples in-game and make it look extremely convincing, but outside of the game there is nothing, online or reality.

In either case, I'm pretty fine with it. As long as the people are having fun, that's what counts, whether it's playful dating (Meg and me) or real dating (Britt and Steven, who are together now IRL.) My opinion mirrors that of Pixey's comment; some people find it easier to find love online, and there's nothing wrong with that. To each their own; not everyone is going to find love the same way as another person.

It's always nice to find someone who you can connect with, be it online or offline, in my opinion. This isn't just for online love/RS dating, though, but friendships too. Some of my best friends are online, others are IRL. I think it's kind of nice to have a balance between the two. I have friends nearby, yet I can also have friends from all over the world, which is another reason why Surreal is so awesome. International clan, FTW!

But really, this subject can go a few different ways with the details: Are they online dating, too? Are they dating IRL and playing RS together? Are they good friends who just want to act silly online together? In any of the cases, I think it's all pretty normal. We, as humans, are social creatures who want to build relationships and gain acceptance from others, even in the online world. It's not about befriending or falling in love with pixels; behind every RS character is another person, just like you or me.

Everyone wants to have fun in life, and if this is how people want to do it, then so be it! Just my two cents.

(Sorry for the long post, but it is a pretty debatable subject by many people, hopefully I was able to clarify all my thoughts.)
(2011-06-08 16:22:00)Agent Shay Wrote:  The reason I ask is because more often than not, RuneScape dating leads to online dating. Why just date in the game alone if you really like one another, right? There is also just playful RS dating where people claim to be couples in-game and make it look extremely convincing, but outside of the game there is nothing, online or reality.

In either case, I'm pretty fine with it. As long as the people are having fun, that's what counts, whether it's playful dating (Meg and me) or real dating (Britt and Steven, who are together now IRL.) My opinion mirrors that of Pixey's comment; some people find it easier to find love online, and there's nothing wrong with that. To each their own; not everyone is going to find love the same way as another person.

It's always nice to find someone who you can connect with, be it online or offline, in my opinion. This isn't just for online love/RS dating, though, but friendships too. Some of my best friends are online, others are IRL. I think it's kind of nice to have a balance between the two. I have friends nearby, yet I can also have friends from all over the world, which is another reason why Surreal is so awesome. International clan, FTW!

But really, this subject can go a few different ways with the details: Are they online dating, too? Are they dating IRL and playing RS together? Are they good friends who just want to act silly online together? In any of the cases, I think it's all pretty normal. We, as humans, are social creatures who want to build relationships and gain acceptance from others, even in the online world. It's not about befriending or falling in love with pixels; behind every RS character is another person, just like you or me.

Everyone wants to have fun in life, and if this is how people want to do it, then so be it! Just my two cents.

(Sorry for the long post, but it is a pretty debatable subject by many people, hopefully I was able to clarify all my thoughts.)

Everything about this post is Win Wub
[Image: KittehPryde.png]
RSN: KittehPryde - Ironman RSN: FallOutPiXeY
[Image: zocnja.jpg]
[Image: 33cyesl.jpg] [Image: 2445z76.jpg]
everything happens for a reason.
live today, like tomorrow is your last.
it's better to be hated for who you are, than to be loved for who you are not.
(2011-06-08 11:08:43)Saul Wrote:  I feel sorry for them. :/

Thats a very dry reaction of you. I'm sorry to disagree with others but in my opinion if you have played so much time ingame that you've met your "true soulmate", you just have spend too much time online.
[Image: unled1bqq.png]
If they're not serious in real life and are just playing it up through the game, it's silly, but not really a big deal. If they met in real life and are doing this to show online (like I believe Bug and his lady friend did), that's cool too. But to have met actually through Runescape and felt like it's "love..." it makes me question. Not that I'm against it, but I just think Runescape is a terrible place to think you've found love. Go to an internet dating site, or better yet an actual place in real life, don't use games to try and find love.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Funny runescape memes Oxide 1 6,471 2018-07-16 09:19:37
Last Post: Meg
  Your RuneScape Shopping List (DXP) Crazy Nurse 17 12,241 2018-02-01 15:01:30
Last Post: JeliBelski
  12/12/2016 Runescape Update! PiXeYstyx 3 3,581 2016-12-14 13:31:16
Last Post: PiXeYstyx
  Problems with accessing RuneScape? ChangingLane 1 2,744 2016-10-21 21:59:26
Last Post: ChangingLane