bots
Thread Closed 

[Image: yRXvz.png]

discuss
[Image: irnmaiden.png]
\m/ (>.<) \m/ METAL \m/ (>.<) \m/
I'm getting sick of bot rants and discussions =|

But hopefully the discussion here will be better than just kids ranting about how much they hate RS YET THEY STILL PLAY IT. and yadayadayada. Sure I'm not THAT educated in bots etc as well but they don't bother me so much.

BOTS WILL ALWAYS BE HERE! Bots are in every game as well. Some games are way worst than RS when it comes to bots.

Yes it gets annoying at times but there are positives to bots. They keep prices on items down. The way I see it is, if that item is low it's easier to get. Meaning easier to finish whatever skill you are working on. I think rs can be very repetitive and time consuming. I love it and hate this game because of it Tongue

It also makes me want to scream when people say 'oh Jagex are keeping the bots so that they will pay for membership and Jagex only cares about money' DURRR what company does not care about money. That money they are using to try and better the game. They put on a whole team for taking down bots. And people who complain about how they can't "just take down botting sites" it's not that easy! I wouldn't be surprised if they're just taking the botters money so that later on they can sueing them with it. Like I said I'm not that educated in all of this but I think its better than assuming jagex rather have a game with bots than real players.
| G&A | PVP Team |
[Image: guitar_girl_by_nmayfair-d3ailti.png]
Gift; Nik
(2011-07-30 23:01:14)BrokenDolly Wrote:  I'm getting sick of bot rants and discussions =|

But hopefully the discussion here will be better than just kids ranting about how much they hate RS YET THEY STILL PLAY IT. and yadayadayada. Sure I'm not THAT educated in bots etc as well but they don't bother me so much.

BOTS WILL ALWAYS BE HERE! Bots are in every game as well. Some games are way worst than RS when it comes to bots.

Yes it gets annoying at times but there are positives to bots. They keep prices on items down. The way I see it is, if that item is low it's easier to get. Meaning easier to finish whatever skill you are working on. I think rs can be very repetitive and time consuming. I love it and hate this game because of it Tongue

It also makes me want to scream when people say 'oh Jagex are keeping the bots so that they will pay for membership and Jagex only cares about money' DURRR what company does not care about money. That money they are using to try and better the game. They put on a whole team for taking down bots. And people who complain about how they can't "just take down botting sites" it's not that easy! I wouldn't be surprised if they're just taking the botters money so that later on they can sueing them with it. Like I said I'm not that educated in all of this but I think its better than assuming jagex rather have a game with bots than real players.

Positives to bots?

[Image: fry.gif]
[Image: Pokemon_logo___Umbreon_by_PrinzeBur.gif]
actually, bots is one of the reasons i lost interest in rs. its next to impossible to make money now, with the exception of godwars. cant kill frosts, any other drags, abbies etc
[Image: irnmaiden.png]
\m/ (>.<) \m/ METAL \m/ (>.<) \m/
Yes I know many people are leaving over bots. I'm not saying that they are really a 'good thing' just that they'll always be here and people need to stop bitching that jagex is not doing anything to get rid of them. They are trying, like I said before, why would jagex want a game run by bots when they can have real players who will enjoy the game.
| G&A | PVP Team |
[Image: guitar_girl_by_nmayfair-d3ailti.png]
Gift; Nik
Jagex it seems are more than happy to let the bots run free and it's pushing me further and further away from the game, soon it will just be a game that ppl play to bot and if thats what jagex wants then good luck because I'd rather go spend my money on a game where I can interact with ppl without thinking they are some computer generated player.

Havent had my morning coffee yet so I'll come back to this thread once I can construct proper sentences lol
It is precisely because of your picture, which shows a plague of cannons representing bots, that has stopped my goal to get to 85 dungeoneering dead in it's tracks. I was all keen to get 85 dungeoneering when a clan friend told me about how bad the bots were there and I just lost complete interest in Frosts. It was a real shame because I need good bones for prayer training.

I haven't lost complete faith though. I'm sure with a little determination I could find a world with relatively few bots in it.

What I've also found is there is plenty to do that is not affected by bots. Enough for me to continue enjoying the game. Even with a huge bot presence, I can still do those enjoyable activities.

But a couple of things I'm not too sure of include whether or not they are bots in the first place, and whether or not Jagex has the right tools to deal with bots. With the later, I am convinced they still have a long way to go.
Quote:
What is the point of being an adult , if you can't be childish sometimes.
--Tom Baker as The Fourth Doctor

inb4jagextrysellrunescapetoblizzard smile
This is one of the main reasons I like slayer. You really don't encounter that many bots, and if you do, they usually aren't so disruptive. I'm not looking forward to gathering skills for this very reason but there's always places to train that are just as good and not bot infested.

Now, I'm not saying bots aren't a problem, they are, and it's ruining the game for a lot of people. If Jagex doesn't get their act together with catching them, at least down to a manageable rate, pretty son everything will be untrainable and bots bot to get supplies for the bots that train skills to sell to the bots who use those items for slayer or whatever. It's kind of silly to even think about.

But hey, I'm going to enjoy whatever I can about Runescape while it lasts.
[Image: evaluate-staff.png] 
Have a question? My PM is always ON.
(2011-07-31 01:54:01)Evaluate Wrote:  But hey, I'm going to enjoy whatever I can about Runescape while it lasts.

i.e. Duneoneering. :>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Livestream on Bots Portus 20 12,687 2012-09-18 22:30:17
Last Post: Zooperman
  Landmark Jagex Victory Over Bots in Legal Battle Evaluate 22 13,534 2012-02-04 08:19:20
Last Post: Wendy
  Bots Successfully Nuked Tay 20 11,803 2011-11-13 01:22:23
Last Post: Lilbod
Currency "nuking" the bots. lol Exciled 36 20,860 2011-11-01 23:12:56
Last Post: Jakee
  Bots... Shane 2 2,687 2011-08-02 05:27:14
Last Post: Shay