My Story (The Bad and the Ugly)
Thread Closed 

Unfortunately, I have noticed that the Runescape players have become a lot meaner and less and less helpful. I remember when I was a skiller in 07' and I was a level 4 because I didn't know that prayer leveled your combat up. Anyways, I remember the evil tree that would randomly attack you and the chicken that attacked you as a random event. Well I was a level 4 and I didn't want to attack it and i remember I saw a 101 combat level come and save me and kept killing them for me. (combat level 104 was like ridiculous to me). But then as the years past it seems that people like that person in Draynor have began to disappear. Sad

I have not really come across very helpful people and when I have many of them burned me (partly due my fault because of me trusting them so much.) Early this Summer I was in a dicing clan and I was actually legitimate unlike some of my fellow hosts. Anyways my buddy wanted to show his "legitimacy" and so he needed big bets. So I decided to help him and I was recording too. I realized I was getting scammed and had 200m left in my inventory. That day I had lost 637m. i felt really bad and i had it all recorded so I posted it on youtube. But, shortly after I removed the video because I found it pointless and it made me feel really disappointed in humans in general because I was trying to help this fellow and he burned me. I wasn't necessarily mad at him but I just felt very disappointed because I was trying to do something , good and helpful.

Anyways this is my story, I hope you respect my decision's and statements and not say I was an idiot in the first place. But, honestly I was trying to be helpful.

Sincerely,

Shane.
Aw how sad,

I don't think it's just the RS generation if you go outside the new generation is like this as well. Yesterday I saw an old lady struggling to get her bags into her trunk, the kid standing next to her, who I'm going to assume was her grandson stood there texting on his phone. >.> He was about 12?

All I could think was WTF and I went over to help.

| G&A | PVP Team |
[Image: guitar_girl_by_nmayfair-d3ailti.png]
Gift; Nik
Yeah I know what you mean, and I know what you mean by people in person are very inconsiderate aswell, but I was talking about My story on Runescape. That was very helpful and nice of you to take the initiative and help that poor lady!!
Hey Shane!

I know exactly what you mean. It's funny that you mention Draynor also. When I was getting 99 WC back in the day I chopped willows in Draynor. I literally met everyone I know now at Draynor and haven't really met anyone I feel I can trust nowadays.

And Broken is right about this generation...it's just sad :[

Now you have to write "My Story (The Good)" :]!
[Image: your+ad+10.jpg]
This is what I wrote a few days ago:

Quote:Ye,

Dem History & Future by a normal player who's been here on and of since 2003.

Earlyer on when i started RS ...[insert bla bla]...NO BOTS, little RWT (but only Jagex cared...) and the game was build by people who loved it, their passion. RS was supposed to be fun. (2003)

RuneScape 2 was released...[insert bla bla]... updated mainly graphics to attract kiddies because they care about looks, not the idea behind. RS became more & more the place to talk bad to eachother. Bots started growing btw. (2004)

In the following 3 years escalated what has been started since RS2 full release. Jagex could not handle botting and the disrespect. Appaerently mostly greedy & violenty people did PvP, cuz after the banning of RWT & Wildy (wich everyone including me) hated, bots went away and respect returned.

The following years RS became a more mature environment with only sad grinding-botters & a very strict banning policy. Until begin 2011. (And yes, I voted pro)

Everything positive what has been build on in the past years have been thrown away into a deeper, more sad point than it was back in 2007. As that was for the past.

--

The future

As you all have seen, Jagex has released this year some updates for dem marketing.
* RWT & Wildy return
* Loyalty programme
* Refer a friend (very recently)

You can see them all as ways to improve membership subscribtions. And in a way I encourage more people ingame. But the last one is only making more useless accounts. As they others are just some steps to get us used to something new. Building their own store, thats how they will counter RWT. Their own RWT store. Cash for them, solves cash-bots.

Face this:
----------

They cannot solve the respect problem, so they make a profanity filter. Solve your own problems.

They cannot solve grinding or cash botting, so they make places in RS where normal people also can get very rich (ROW update) or make more grinding places (Jadinko lair for firemaking by example).

How will they solve the RWT and the current exponentional growing cash botting? They already decided. But they cannot tell us about it [QFC = 14-15-190-63089129 -- Page 128]

Guess what? Microtransactioning will take em out. What Jagex cannot solve, they will let pass. And in this way they can make more cash than ever.

Inb4jamflexlosesallsmartplayers

I feel bad since I saw RAF pop up.
[Image: unled1bqq.png]
It happens, really.

It's best to trust no one.
I didn't think someone else could attack your random events.
putting it clear and simple.. rs players lost respect

i remember when i first started playing in members world at fight pits or castle wars there was no stacked teams and piling low lvls for fun.. in castle wars the teams was alot more even and it wasnt treated like a religion and in fight pits the lower lvls was allowed to fight each other and you would find some1 around your cmb lvl to fight.

clearly all the players who had respect have lost it because of the botting problem, have quit or are too busy skilling there nuts off.. i mean only reason i joined a skilling clan is because 95% of skillers are nice respectful players and warring clans 95% are trash talking scum

i hate making new friends now because the main thing i look for in a friend is can i trust them and i am kinda paranoid so no i dont trust any1 on runescape, only lexi.. known her 5 years
Andrew I believe I made a misconception about the random events that would attack you. ( I'm pretty sure I remembered wrong, now that I think about it.) Sorry, I remember that the mage's in draynor ( Level 5-7?) would cast a wind strike at me and attack me. I got confused with the random events. Sorry everyone :/.

And SRL Smith I agree with almost everything, but the botting issue was a huge issue even before 2011 and free trade. I remember when I went hunting ( now 99 Tongue ) in the Feldip Hills that there were tons and tons of bots. The range guild was packed, woodcutters all over the place.

I believe that a common misconception was that botting skyrocketed on an unprecedented scale right when Free Trade arrived. I noticed many botters even before that and it was a massive problem for JaGeX in 2010.

Free Trade obviously didn't help at all but made it even worse for botting because it was more encouraging to bot or do some real world trading because it was less complicated. I know that there was a little "boom" of "inapropriate activity" after Free Trade arrived but I think that many people embellish that the big botting problem seemed to become noticeable when Free Trade was released.

Anyways, thanks everyone for sharing your opinions and comments it has made this thread more interesting like so many others!

Oh, and by the way, before I forget, I also STRONGLY believe that JaGeX is solely after money and not looking out for the game in the long-run.

If they were intelligent, they would try to provide a solution about botting instead of letting it run rampant and do temporary bans. Even a former J-Mod said that JaGeX was not looking out for the future of the game but are interested solely in profits.

I understand from a business perspective that profits are very important of course, but you need to be thinking about in the long-run how to maintain a steady income and be able to provide a satisfying business/game for your customers so that new customers will find out about the game and that your "regulars" or current members/players continue to play the game for a while.

Anyhoo, that's about it. Let me know if you have any comments about this recent post or the post at the beginning of this thread.

P.S. I do understand that this post went off track from how RuneScape players have gotten more disrespectful and this current generation or my generation. But, I do think that this post has some relevance to this thread.

So, I have you all have a wonderful day, I'm going to go do my homework now because I literally have done nothing for the last hour, and I hope to be successful one day. smile

All The Best,

Shane

Shane, you stick with me buddy. You'll be right! Good
Quote:
What is the point of being an adult , if you can't be childish sometimes.
--Tom Baker as The Fourth Doctor

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pickpocketing in Ardougne - A Surreal Story xSwanQueenx 9 6,568 2016-01-11 16:48:00
Last Post: iR Shad
  Story of my Life Cormag 5 4,256 2014-07-23 22:10:21
Last Post: Joeym4692