'Change', July 2012

[Image: surreal-new.png]

'Don't expect anything big'
Earlier this month you were all teased with 'Change' logos around the forum, and today is the day it has finally come to Surreal! So what exactly has changed? This post will detail all of it!

A New Surreal!
The most immediate and noticeable change you would notice is the new forum skin and logo. There will be lots more color choices coming through this week, so feel free to suggest ones you'd want. Please note that quite a few old skins were removed in order to keep the hub and other features useable.

Times are constantly changing, and so are we! With this in mind, the forums, our logo, and our recruitment topic have been somewhat redesigned to fit a bit more of a RuneScape-y look! Hope you like the changes!

New Activity System
Thanks to @Bowlinmaster@ from our Senior Staff team, we're graced with a brand new activity system! We've ditched the use of Google Spreadsheets and are now self-reliant in the activity department.

[Image: MaBq]

This (sexy) system can deliver real-time activity results to you, is easier for us to manage and update, and provides you with a better guideline on what you've done in the month.

With that new system comes new rules, the monthly activity requirement has been changed to 130 points per month, and the amount of points you get for doing certain things has been adjusted. Here's a list of what's new:
  • Citadel Capping will give varying points depending on your Fealty rank
  • Official Events are now 20-30 points per, with a bonus 10 points if over 10 people attend the event
  • You can now get extra activity points for a high placing in PYP or SWC
For more information regarding the Activity System changes, see this thread. Please keep in mind that these points changes do not take effect until August 1st! If your name does not appear on the activity list, you must fill out the surreal census first.

Pre-planning and Time Slots!
From this point on, all events are going to follow a Monthly schedule which will allow you to see what time events will happen days, weeks, months or even years in advance! This schedule is based on Monday-weeks, and displays each week of the month and the possible events for that week. We didn't stop there; we're now using the board Calendar to keep you posted, and you will see a breakdown of what events are coming up right on the forum index.

[Image: MaIK]

The forums can convert times for you! To ensure that event times will appear correct for you, it is very important that you change your timezone in your User Control Panel to match your current time so that you receive the most accurate information possible from the calendar! View our monthly schedule that we'll be using from August 2012 and on by clicking here.

The Hub
Ever found it difficult to keep up with the clan each week? You will love The Hub! The Hub is a summary of what's going on this week in one page, accessible from anywhere on our forums!

[Image: MaxB]

The Hub can link you to the latest PYP sign up threads, catch real-time activity breakdowns and more! It's a really useful tool, and I can see it being a part of everyone's weekly routine around here smile

Post Reputation
Our forum's reputation system has now been integrated into each post made here! You'll notice a green "Like Post" button underneath other people's posts, and you are free to +1 it, adding to their forum reputation.

[Image: MbyC]

Currently, we do not have an option for negative post reputation as negative reputation has been disabled board-wide - sorry, haters!

That's it!
That's all for our July update, but there is plenty more to come! I'd like to thank @Bowlinmaster@, @Meg@, @Wader@, @Evaluate@, and @Nick@ for being a big part of these updates. Wub

If you notice any problems or typos, or anything of that nature, let me know! We hope you enjoy the new capabilities of our forums! See you in October Wink
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
Biggrin!
"Men have called me mad, but the question is not yet settled
whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence whether
all that is profound does not spring from disease of thought
from moods of mind exalted at the expense of general intellect"

[Image: annie_league_of_legends_signature_by_chi...4ylyti.png]

[Image: L7adChF.png]

This is all really awesome Jordan, makes the whole clan more efficient & organized. Excellent job!
O ya, gud job 2 Drew. Wub

P.S. Your post just got liked@
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

The Like button works, but don't take my word for it.

I kind of liked the reputation system from before, but I never bothered to use it because you had to go to another page to rep someone. This is much better.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
looks good jordan, keep up the good work smile
Looking good!
"View our monthly schedule that we'll be using from August 2012 and on by clicking here."

I clicked Clicking here, and it said I cant access it. But im able to access the calendar by clicking the link on top of the forums. So not a bid deal.

Also, I like the hub. Convenient for us lazy folks
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
(2012-07-27 18:58:46)l Zephyr l Wrote:  "View our monthly schedule that we'll be using from August 2012 and on by clicking here."

I clicked Clicking here, and it said I cant access it. But im able to access the calendar by clicking the link on top of the forums. So not a bid deal.

Whoops! I've fixed the link now. Sorry about that smile
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
Thanks so much for all the hard work!! It sounds awesome smile
[Image: random-dandy.png][Image: jamessigsss.jpg]
Wow really outdone yourselves this time! These are by far the most awesome updates I have seen in any clan before! So well done. Wub

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resource Cap Points Change Downfall 14 7,864 2018-10-22 19:15:18
Last Post: Dark
  important Everything is About to Change Downfall 21 12,790 2014-12-07 07:30:27
Last Post: Nyaruko
  GTE Week: June 2012 Downfall 6 5,993 2012-06-25 05:04:30
Last Post: Blackice
  Pick your Poison 2012... Downfall 14 13,699 2012-01-04 01:25:40
Last Post: Gohankuten
  Requirements Change Downfall 27 24,603 2011-01-22 07:38:15
Last Post: Pitufo