DG Help
Thread Closed 

Okay so with the EOC, solo and new bind updates, dungeoneering is quite baffling for me..even more than before!

First of all, if I am doing solo/duo, how should I do my floors now? Before I rushed c1s 1-29 then did 5 member larges for all the rest. However I have heard c1 rushes aren't good anymore, so should I rush c6 smalls until 30? And at 30 should I do meds?

Secondly, I need help with my binds. I know Dave already had a thread for this, but that was already more advanced than my knowledge of DG and EOC, so this is where I am most stumped. Do I need to use all 3 styles of attack now, have all 3 armours or both? Do you possibly have a link to a guide where it tells you what to use on what? And then of course, specific items to get. Right now I just have my prom plate and 2h from before, then last dungeon i made some platelegs and gloves to go with it until i figured out what else to have.

This would be extremely helpful, if you could answer any of these. I love you guys! Wub
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

The thing about c1s now, I think, is that the monsters are so much easier in general that you'll tear through your floors pretty quick even on c6, so rushing doesn't save you as much time as it used to. And then on top of that there's the fact that you get more xp soloing after the dg update a week before eoc.

For binds, I think people are generally using 2 bodies and 2 weapons. The defence from leg armor isn't really needed. You can generally do the whole dungeon with one style, but there are a few monsters that will give you trouble so it's good to have a secondary weapon to cover that weakness.

Basically, pick whatever combat style you prefer for the abilities or whatever, and then go with the appropriate weapon.

For melee, primal spear > primal 2h or maul > prom spear
For range, shortbows are better than longbows. I think sag > hex > gravecreeper, unless they changed it.
For magic, you want either a doomcore/ccs or a gravecreeper staff. Any of those will give infinite elemental runes, so no need for a surgebox anymore when using magic.

Besides that, the rare binds from before like blood necklace are still good.

I'm not the expert on any of this, but this is just my understanding based on what I've seen/heard.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
Only thing I've heard which Dave didn't mention is that it's not really worth doing mediums- take much longer and don't give that much more experience.
[Image: portus-champ-2012.png]
[Image: portus.png]
Not much has changed actually as far as binds go really.
I have a Ppl8, P2h, BN, and Hex.
You only need 2 styles of attack, and I still hit quite well with my hex with my PPl8 on.
If you dont have a Bn, I would get (melee wep, prim pl8, sag/hex, sag body/ssh). That 4th bind doesnt really do much, so if I didnt have bn, Id use a ssh. Maybe a precision ring if the mood strikes you.

I have basically every type of bind I could use in the smuggler, but doubt I will use the extras.

I still c1 rush 1-29. Its even faster. But if you enjoy soloing, which I dont, it may be good to do them c6 for xp.
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
2h plate hex range top and bn are my binds. Dave there was a recent patch making hex the best against mages again.
[Image: angusmotm.png]
Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
Hmmm so c1s for 1-29 (Zephyr), but c6s are still fast too (Dave). I might do c6s for the fish/wc xp too, but either will do I guess.

So Justin, are you saying to do smalls for 30+ when I am solo or duoing? I guess thats what you meant when you said mediums aren't good.

I only have 4 binds for now, so I will keep my prom plate. Should I keep my prom 2h or get a prom spear? Ok I will try and get a gravecreeper bow and make a Tyrannoleather body/prom arrows.

Thanks for help guys. Wub

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

I haven't seen anyone using a spear as of yet, so stick with the 2h smile
[Image: angusmotm.png]
Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
I still c2 1-30, I always thought the main thing which made c1-5 so much quicker was all the puzzle rooms.

And yeah- 5:5 larges are still best, but if you are solo/duoing you're better off doing smalls than mediums smile
[Image: portus-champ-2012.png]
[Image: portus.png]
(2012-12-13 09:43:19)Angus Wrote:  I haven't seen anyone using a spear as of yet, so stick with the 2h smile

In two resets, I haven't even world gorger (55 prestige at the moment) while doing mainly 54/55 warpeds as I find the people in them slightly better (and normally maxed). I suspect part of the spear issue is that very few people have even received them.
Ok thanks a lot guys. Wub