Surreal Calendar Feed

It's been a while, Surreal. Hi smile

We're introducing something new to help you keep on top of your Surreal stuff, even when you're on the go. We are now managing a calendar feed, that can be subscribed to on smartphone and desktop calendar applications and synchronised automatically. This calendar feed will push event notifications to devices of your choice, letting you know what's on, converted to your time zone, 30 minutes before it happens.

If you would like to set this up and disable alerts, that can be done as well. In a short time I'll be posting guides for different mobiles and for Windows 8+ and OS X to connect to this feed.

An example of how it looks on iOS 7

[Image: yGxfMVQl.png]

Of course, if you have any input on this idea, or think we could add something to the feed that isn't already there. Feel free to let us know in the feedback forum!

For now, if you already know how to Subscribe to a Webcal feed (.ics), here is the URL to our private calendar stream if you'd like to subscribe:

webcal://cid-7323d39d8c0c8741.calendar.live.com/calendar/private/05850f0d-5916-4fb0-ad4c-544a2f2b5a29/7f36b786-eaf6-4b95-ae04-4619a8ecb862/calendar.ics

Alternatively, if you're not sure what to do - guides (which are now here) will be posted up in the coming days, explaining the process for the following devices:
  • iPhone, iPad
  • Android Phones / Tablets
  • Windows 8 and later
  • OS X Mountain Lion / Mavericks
All of the mentioned systems can push notifications to your desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone before events, if you request them.

Hope this adds to the organisation of the clan! If you have any questions, the floor is yours.

Thanks, have a great day smile
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
Awesome! I was going to ask something similar the other day to see if I could plug events into my google cal.

Just linked it up to Calendar app on Mac smile
:o -my phone is actually a brick- SO COOL
Looking forward to getting this on my iphone/other devices. Thanks so much for this!
Nice update Jord. I'm sure it will come in handy smile
Adventurer's Log | Exp Tracker | Goals & Achievements
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
Androiddddd
Is the glass half empty or half full? Neither, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
[Image: EW4yt.gif]
(2013-11-15 05:25:19)Bowlinmaster Wrote:  Androiddddd

Stupid Android. Sad
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
this will be handy ty dude
Might I ask how you're programming this? This seems like a very cool thing to learn how to create and I'm more interested in the technical side of things than the actual feature itself Tongue

(Don't get me wrong, I think this is a fantastic idea!) smile
That's awesome!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Surreal's Secret Santa 2018 JeliBelski 36 17,132 2018-12-26 22:38:34
Last Post: Cava
  Surreal +8 Downfall 14 8,379 2018-10-07 11:36:16
Last Post: Nick
  A New Surreal Downfall 19 13,856 2018-05-28 07:08:15
Last Post: Jerome
  April at Surreal: Our Best Downfall 11 7,179 2018-04-03 10:27:46
Last Post: Downfall