A Letter to Surreal

Dear Surreal,

2013 has been a stellar year for us, we've made our mark as a clan and really emphasised that we're here to stay in the long run. Just this year, we've had over 200 new forum registrations, 23,000 posts submitted, 1300 new forum discussions, wrapped up a huge 2013 season of Pick your Poison, promoted leaders, staff, and witnessed the departures of some as well. Our new homepage was introduced, along with a huge third birthday party (wow, we're already three?!), we've seen a hugely successful SWC year, with some awesome wins, including:

Round 4 - Agility: Deathwilcome 7022680 XP
Round 5 - Smithing: Wicked Cj13 8514429 XP
Round 6 - Slayer: 784 1344096 XP
Round 7 - Firemaking: Chris J Y 18208583 XP
Round 8 - Dungeoneering: Lucky At PvM 23810677 XP
Round 9 - Crafting: Ninth Legion 11410869 XP
Round 10 - Woodcutting: Luna Tics 5378324 XP
Round 11 - Farming: Dreggstar 3571544 XP
Round 12 - Thieving: Dreggstar 8500000 XP
Round 13 - Hunter: Killianz 8247778 XP
Round 14 - Runecrafting: Blur 5000001 XP
Round 15 - Fletching: Oh Duck 15000000 XP
Round 16 - Divination: Wicked Cj13 4002143 XP
Round 17 - Ranged: MasterBowler 2719783 XP
Round 18 - Attack: Killians Red 6162629 XP
Round 19 - Summoning: iWader 6236553 XP
Round 20 - Agility: Ava 1570758 XP

(P.S. Good job Debs on that Overall SWC gain!)

Before we say goodbye to this year, I'd like to address the state of our clan in the present and what we're planning for the future.

As great as this year was, I want to see more from Surreal. We're all probably thinking the exact same thing. It was a great year, but we could have done more with it.

In recent times, things have become a bit stale. I won't lie to you - I do see it all happening in front of me. The reason why we've stuck around so long, and succeeded in striking our mission together as a clan is because over time, things change, we change. When we first opened in 2010 in the early days, we were a different, strong and vibrant clan. This is what has been appealing all this time.

The year 2014 will be time for that change to take place once again. Rather than having everything be so clear cut and predetermined, let's bring some fun and mystery back into Surreal! That is why we're going to be reforming Surreal from the ground up. The Staff and I will be working to bring you a new Surreal next year that will exceed expectations and continue to be enjoyable and different. We'll stay in touch on this.

I would like to extend my deepest thanks to @Wader@, @Danny@, @Angus@, @Bowlinmaster@, @Blur@ and @Killians@, our staff members who have worked tirelessly to deliver a consistently awesome clan experience. This clan would be nothing right now without the group of you. Most of all, thanks to all of you guys and gals for sticking with us and believing in our clan's goal!

Happy new year to all of you awesome people, we have had a great year together. Now we kick it up a few gears towards the future of this clan. I am not going to leave Surreal behind, and we will never forget our roots and why we're here in the first place. Let 2014 be a year to remember.

See you all next year!
Jordan
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
GoodYahoo H a p p y N e w Y e a r S u r r e a l ! smileYahoo
Surreal has always done great work, even at it's 'stale' moments. I believe staff will bring it back to it's fullest potential but it's also the members job to enjoy whats brought to the table and do the simple things that are asked, such as join in on the events smile

I look forward to a fantastic year.

Happy New Year to Surreal :3

Cheers.
Happy new year Surreal!!

Staff members - best of luck working as hard next year, or even harder, as you did 2k13. Wink
Quote:The year 2014 will be time for that change to take place once again. Rather than having everything be so clear cut and predetermined, let's bring some fun and mystery back into Surreal! That is why we're going to be reforming Surreal from the ground up. The Staff and I will be working to bring you a new Surreal next year that will exceed expectations and continue to be enjoyable and different. We'll stay in touch on this.

Awww shhh--tt...we are?? Oh wait that's our job!

Personally it's been a rocky year for me. I was kind of enclosed to get 120 DG and didn't really focus on the clan which after I got it realised I had failed in what I do best which is lead this great clan.

Making Surreal such a great place can't be done by one person alone. We love working hard brainstorming and bringing you new content whenever we can. Activity has been slow as you know or "stale". We will make sure next year we can work around that and provide our souls to you Wink

In conclusion it's been another great year here in Surreal and I wouldn't want to spend it anywhere else!

Happy new year everyone and I hope everyone goes out with a bang!
I've only been here since mid August (whenever Div came out) as thats the day I threatened to delete Salv which resulted in him turning it around into me training div & 2 days later actually enjoy being around so fully joining.

I've loved every minute I've been a part of the clan and met some great people. It's actually given me more of an inspiration to play RS as pre-joining I was about ready to quit as i'd gone to 07scape and only came to check out what Div was about.

It's been the first main skilling / community clan that I've stuck out with after my previous 6 years of pking, despite comping and maxing in March 2012. Now I can well and truely call this home and feel extremely settled here which is what I need.

A big thank you to all the staff for the work that you've all done during the year and lets hope that 2014 is another awesome year for us!

Happy New Year to everyone in Surreal and lets look forward to the new year. Wub
TERRWYN: Welsh name meaning "brave fair one."

[Image: pbmJpDG.png][Image: e5juWGD.png]
[Image: 9mnl8B0.gif][Image: RnAibsa.png]
[Image: user1-dark.png]    
Skill pets since my return 4th September 2018
19th October - Bernie the Firemaking pet drop 
30th October - Brains the Farming pet drop
8th November - Malcolm the Invention pet drop
16th November - Shamini the Summoning pet drop
Happy new year to Surreal! Biggrin
happy new years Surreal. its been an awesome year!
[Image: user1-light.png][Image: 2JSik6b.jpg]
You're awesome Jordy, we love you Wub
[Image: angusmotm.png]
Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
Stay classy Surreal, you're kind of a big deal!
[Image: Ninth_Legion.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Surreal's Secret Santa 2018 JeliBelski 36 17,127 2018-12-26 22:38:34
Last Post: Cava
  Surreal +8 Downfall 14 8,379 2018-10-07 11:36:16
Last Post: Nick
  A New Surreal Downfall 19 13,854 2018-05-28 07:08:15
Last Post: Jerome
  April at Surreal: Our Best Downfall 11 7,178 2018-04-03 10:27:46
Last Post: Downfall
  Surreal Revealed Revived Jerome 14 7,709 2017-04-18 16:38:30