Gemstone Golem Outfit
Thread Closed 

What is every ones thoughts on this outfit? I know I personally have never been so tempted to buy spins in my life. Beee

For those who have not read the article on the home page, there is a new outfit up for grabs from Treasure Hunter this week. There are essentially three different tiers of this outfit: sapphire, emerald, and ruby, each set having five pieces. These outfits will give a boost to the chance of you successfully mining by 5%. However, all three sets can be combined into a Magic Golem Outfit, which not only bumps that boost up to 7%, but also causes all living rock creatures to be non-aggressive, AND mimics the bonus of the golden mining suit and the Varrock plate body. (If you have already obtained these items)

So basically you have to obtain all five pieces to all three sets this week (First day you can obtain sapphire pieces, second emerald, third ruby, and fourth and fifth day hold potential to obtain all three) or forever live in regret. Umnik2

Link to the article if you'd like to read further: http://services.runescape.com/m=news/a=1...ts?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news
I definitely want to get the 15 pieces to make the magic golem outfit. Having protection in lrc would be so nice since I like to bank my gold ores and it would allow me to mine on w46 with the ava instead of fighting the lag on w84. I know that I will buy some bonds on the last day if I don't have the full outfit by then.

Then again I hate that Jagex have made this a microtransaction when this would be a great minigame reward. It really sucks that they have made all these nice things that could be great rewards from a minigame and thus revitalize some of them yet they put them in as microtransactions on TH.
Master of All Wills and Quests
[Image: gohankuten.png][Image: GohanRAWR.gif]
(2014-06-19 05:14:27)Gohankuten Wrote:  I definitely want to get the 15 pieces to make the magic golem outfit. Having protection in lrc would be so nice since I like to bank my gold ores and it would allow me to mine on w46 with the ava instead of fighting the lag on w84. I know that I will buy some bonds on the last day if I don't have the full outfit by then.

Then again I hate that Jagex have made this a microtransaction when this would be a great minigame reward. It really sucks that they have made all these nice things that could be great rewards from a minigame and thus revitalize some of them yet they put them in as microtransactions on TH.

Pretty much what he said. The costume sounds pretty sweet, but I'm not thrilled that something so cool is only realistically available through microtransactions, and I'm sure as hell not going to give Jagex my money to reward them for making it that way.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
Meh, Couldn't care less. Profound armour or gtf0.

On a serious note, It does look pretty cool and could be useful. Just sucks that it's a Micro-transaction, but o well.
[Image: 7cDz1.png]
[Image: 5FVMQQ3.png]
Looks awesome, and will help with my LRC adventures! Will definitely be looking to try and get all 3 to make the magic outfit.
[Image: G9B31O7.png][Image: rti2vss.png]
[Image: 104273167.png]
[/align]
I certainly agree with your statements. That was my initial reaction as well, and it's also rather disheartening that you can assess pretty strongly that they will be doing the same for the other skills as well. They've already put out sets on the Treasure Hunter that boost xp, now they're likely running back through and going to be coming out with outfits that speed the process of whichever skill..

It is rather disheartening, and I would love to see this as actual content as opposed to micro-transactions as well.
This sounds awesome! The LRC world is fine most of the time but to have the chance to fish in there in peace would be great. Too bad you need to buy spins to get this.
I wouldn't say you HAVE to, but it will be hard to without it. I plan on doing a lot of random quests each day to try and snag myself some pieces off the free keys. So far I've only gotten the legs though having used six keys, so we'll see I guess.
Got 3 pieces already today, so feeling super excited to try my luck in the near future and maybe i get all 15 pieces, somehow, idk... probably not, cause you know, jagex.
Le sigh. Of course I would be having net problems during this promotion. Oh well means i won't be dropping gpzz
[Image: Nevyn.png]

Hi “Perhaps it's impossible to wear an identity without becoming what you pretend to be.”  - Oscar Scott Card  King2

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  need help identifying an outfit. PiXeYstyx 3 3,290 2014-10-18 01:37:57
Last Post: PiXeYstyx
  New Clan Outfit - Good way to start off a new clan Entenzu 8 6,020 2014-10-06 08:10:45
Last Post: Bowlinmaster
  [Treasure Hunter] Skill Outfit Head Add-Ons Ava 5 6,843 2014-09-26 02:03:27
Last Post: old_jon
  The Best Skilling Outfit xAndrew 16 9,285 2011-04-30 04:15:00
Last Post: Nic
  Answered LRC Outfit [Settled] Krady 7 4,662 2010-12-19 10:15:06
Last Post: Rcms2012