Activity Requirements Adjusted

Hi Surreal,

Starting this month, we have made some changes to the way activity works around here. Here's a summary of what changes were made:

1. Base activity requirement is now 250 points
  2. Draw Zone and Surreal Zone have been merged. There is now a 500 point requirement on the Surreal zone.
  3. HUB has been updated to reflect these changes immediately.

First question you may ask might be "Why"? And I'll tell you. We're hosting 7 or more events per week in different time zones, we have a daily efficiency check worth 20 points, you can cap for 40 points, SWC and PYP are about to be common around here, so there are going to be plenty of opportunities to gain points.

Our original 130 point requirement was based upon events being worth 20 points. They are now worth double that. This is a rolling requirement, so as our needs change, the numbers will change. There may be updates in March with regards to ranks and activity point requirements. More on that later this month.

Please leave your comments and feedback on this change below - if there's anything we can do to make your stay here any better just let us know, we're happy to help.

More information on these changes here.

Cheers,
Jord
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
Really busting our balls with this Jordy geez, snapping that whip on us all Tongue

Just joking of course haha, seems reasonable enough Biggrin
[Image: GpJL.png]

[Image: GVO3.png]
Uh oh, im in trouble.
[Image: user1-light.png][Image: 2JSik6b.jpg]
Oof, there goes my plan of just capping in the citadel every week to meet the req.

I feel like polling this change or at least some sort of head's up before implementing it would have been nice. This req is fine for people who have a decent amount of time for Runescape, but I feel like it may be hard to keep up for others. For instance, I'm at work from 9am-7pm PST every weekday, which means I usually can't make at least 5 of the events that week. The hours that I play (around 10pm-1am) have no events. There are occasionally some events at 3am PST, but I would never wake up on time if I went to them. I'm also going to be busy three out of the four weekends this month, so I can't make most weekend events this month either.

I mean maybe I'm just an outlier, which is fine because you shouldn't change your policy for just one person. I feel like I'm not though since there were quite a few people with <250 points in the last activity report.
(2015-02-04 04:35:29)Jace Wrote:  Oof, there goes my plan of just capping in the citadel every week to meet the req.

I feel like polling this change or at least some sort of head's up before implementing it would have been nice. This req is fine for people who have a decent amount of time for Runescape, but I feel like it may be hard to keep up for others. For instance, I'm at work from 9am-7pm PST every weekday, which means I usually can't make at least 5 of the events that week. The hours that I play (around 10pm-1am) have no events. There are occasionally some events at 3am PST, but I would never wake up on time if I went to them. I'm also going to be busy three out of the four weekends this month, so I can't make most weekend events this month either.

I mean maybe I'm just an outlier, which is fine because you shouldn't change your policy for just one person. I feel like I'm not though since there were quite a few people with <250 points in the last activity report.

I understand your concerns, and I don't want to make people feel as if they cannot meet the requirements, but it should be easy enough provided there are enough opportunities to get points aside from official events. There's going to be over 10 official events every week and we will vary those times to fit enough people.

In terms of points, you could cap every week and meet the bare minimum in SWC twice to pretty much meet the requirement. It's not too bad. While I know compared to 130 it seems like a lot, our previous points awarded for an event was 20. It's now 40 or more.

In any case, let me know if there's something we can do to make the requirement less stressful.
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
Its nice to see this starting to be changed imo. With as much skill weeks, citadel cap, pyp, and event oppurtunities we offer now, 250 shouldn't be hard for anyone to obtain even with a work schedule. When we are offering 5-6-7 events a week outside the skill weeks and citadel caps, even with being able to make 1 or 2 events a week if that it should not be difficult at all. We are a skilling CLAN, which means we do stuff TOGETHER, those just capping at citadel to slide by isnt fair to other members actually involving themselves with everyone else and trying to make the events successful for the people that plan them.
[Image: sylvanas_wow_sig_by_katzenfan-d54n86z.png]
(2015-02-04 04:40:15)Downfall Wrote:  In any case, let me know if there's something we can do to make the requirement less stressful.

Yea that's fine - I'll see how things go in February I suppose. It just really surprised me as a new member who didn't see this coming at all.

(2015-02-04 04:42:03)Heather Wrote:  Its nice to see this starting to be changed imo. With as much skill weeks, citadel cap, pyp, and event oppurtunities we offer now, 250 shouldn't be hard for anyone to obtain even with a work schedule. When we are offering 5-6-7 events a week outside the skill weeks and citadel caps, even with being able to make 1 or 2 events a week if that it should not be difficult at all. We are a skilling CLAN, which means we do stuff TOGETHER, those just capping at citadel to slide by isnt fair to other members actually involving themselves with everyone else and trying to make the events successful for the people that plan them.

I don't think people who just cap at the citadel or do SWC are just sliding by. There may be legitimate reasons that they cannot make the events since some people might have busy lives. I would love to be involved more, but I have a variable schedule that constantly changes. If something comes up in real life, I'm not going to prioritize Runescape over it because Runescape is something I do for fun when I have time, not something I schedule. I don't think that's unfair because it's not like I want to see the events fail or anything, I just happen to not be available at the times they're at.
(2015-02-04 04:50:27)Jace Wrote:  
(2015-02-04 04:40:15)Downfall Wrote:  In any case, let me know if there's something we can do to make the requirement less stressful.

Yea that's fine - I'll see how things go in February I suppose. It just really surprised me as a new member who didn't see this coming at all.

(2015-02-04 04:42:03)Heather Wrote:  Its nice to see this starting to be changed imo. With as much skill weeks, citadel cap, pyp, and event oppurtunities we offer now, 250 shouldn't be hard for anyone to obtain even with a work schedule. When we are offering 5-6-7 events a week outside the skill weeks and citadel caps, even with being able to make 1 or 2 events a week if that it should not be difficult at all. We are a skilling CLAN, which means we do stuff TOGETHER, those just capping at citadel to slide by isnt fair to other members actually involving themselves with everyone else and trying to make the events successful for the people that plan them.

I don't think people who just cap at the citadel or do SWC are just sliding by. There may be legitimate reasons that they cannot make the events since some people might have busy lives. I would love to be involved more, but I have a busy schedule that constantly changes. If something comes up in real life, I'm not going to prioritize Runescape over it. I don't think that's unfair because it's not like I want to see the events fail or anything, I just happen to not be available at the times they're scheduled at.

I have a life as well, I went to school full time, Im a manager at my job full time and still managed to pull in over 700 points last month and only attending about 2 a week with only citadel and skill weeks on the side. Theres always events that can be made considering we have various ones that cater for different ppl. Always worth the try..

Events are worth 40 points... you say you cap at citadel every week, thats already 160/250...Participate in skill weeks thats atleast another 80 getting bare minimum exp req of 250k, thats now 240/250.. and thats without attending ANY events out of the 7 offered every week... Its totally doable with an IRL life.... only thing that changed was point values... events used to be 20, which is why it was 130, now that events are 40, cap is now 250, it doubled not even.

I think you're seeing it different than what its supposed to be seen as
(2015-02-04 04:54:26)Heather Wrote:  I have a life as well, I went to school full time, Im a manager at my job full time and still managed to pull in over 700 points last month and only attending about 2 a week with only citadel and skill weeks on the side. Theres always events that can be made considering we have various ones that cater for different ppl. Always worth the try..

I'm not saying people who get lots of points don't have lives or aren't busy as well, and I commend you all for being able to find time to attend events despite everything else you all do. It's just that some schedules might not be as flexible for a variety of reasons - maybe Runescape is a lower priority, maybe a lot of things suddenly come up, who knows?

And like I said, I'm talking a lot from my own perspective since I don't know what anyone else does, so if everyone else thinks this is fine, I don't expect event times or this policy to change just for me. I'm mainly just voicing my opinion because as a relatively new member who didn't know about the 20 point events in the past, I felt this was a sudden change and would have liked some sort of heads up or say in the matter.
(2015-02-04 05:06:57)Jace Wrote:  
(2015-02-04 04:54:26)Heather Wrote:  I have a life as well, I went to school full time, Im a manager at my job full time and still managed to pull in over 700 points last month and only attending about 2 a week with only citadel and skill weeks on the side. Theres always events that can be made considering we have various ones that cater for different ppl. Always worth the try..

I'm not saying people who get lots of points don't have lives or aren't busy as well, and I commend you all for being able to find time to attend events despite everything else you all do. It's just that some schedules might not be as flexible for a variety of reasons - maybe Runescape is a lower priority, maybe a lot of things suddenly come up, who knows?

And like I said, I'm talking a lot from my own perspective since I don't know what anyone else does, so if everyone else thinks this is fine, I don't expect event times or this policy to change just for me. I'm mainly just voicing my opinion because I felt this was a sudden change.

And thats fine, but as I already said, you are seeing what jordan did in lack of what this change really is... Points doubled thats it, not the amount of events it takes to reach the required cap of attendance... If you meet the cap before when it was 20points to reach 130 then you should be making 40points to reach 250... it only doubled on points, the ratio is the same...

I only brought up the fact that people should be trying just a little more to attend even just 1 event a week outside citadel and skill week to actually make the hard work that ppl put into planning and hosting events more successful for them... Its really not fun when we have an event and only 3 ppl show up out of a clan chat of 15 ppl logged in...thats all i was suggesting

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  April Activity Competition (Bonds Inside!) Downfall 6 4,798 2018-04-16 05:45:15
Last Post: Downfall
  SWC SWC Alternative For Activity Points Lady Spyra 2 2,186 2017-06-22 10:14:17
Last Post: Acorny
  Activity & Events Downfall 8 4,987 2015-05-22 05:32:31
Last Post: The RRman
  New Requirements Downfall 28 24,159 2012-08-29 05:42:17
Last Post: Tay
  Requirements Change Downfall 27 24,743 2011-01-22 07:38:15
Last Post: Pitufo