Let's talk about aesthetics!
Thread Closed 

Smiley man! 
In your opinion, what is the most beautiful and what is the ugliest place in the whole world of RuneScape? Think big! Any cave, dungeon, dimension... is allowed! Tongue

The most beautiful place for me might be the Gnome Stronghold. I love all the green and trees and how the village is built into those trees. That looks very nice! Biggrin I often used to go there to do my bankstanding skills, just because I liked how it looked. Biggrin Nowadays I rarely get out of Prifddinas though, just too much to do there. Tongue

[Image: Tree_Gnome_Stronghold1.png]
Just look at how great this place is! Grin

For the ugliest place I would chose the whole region of Morytania. Yes, that is a big chunck of the map! Tongue I don't like that misty/swampy/dead feel the whole region has. You won't see me there often! Biggrin

[Image: Morytania_entrance.png]
Nope! Don't want to be there!

So, what about you? Biggrin
[Image: myster-q-motm.png]
For me, the most aesthetically pleasing area in RuneScape is the region of Tirannwn (thankfully Jagex didn't update the entire region after the first Elf City batch, only Lletya was updated (I liked old Lletya too)). This area's graphics seem to have been ahead of it's time and really makes the land one of the most amazing spots in RuneScape.

There's plenty of area in RuneScape that look bad, but I'm just going to leave this here: http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140...ditch4.png
Nice choices! Biggrin When thinking of the nicest place, Tirannwn certainly came to my mind as well. I can agree about it being ahead of its time too. I had another account before this one and remember the first time I got into those lands for Regicide. A nice and beautiful memory. Biggrin

Your ugliest place makes sense as well! It's in Morytania of course. Tongue
Worst - Nardah its a desert wasteland.

Best - Ape atoll i dont know there's just something i really like about that place.
[Image: user1-light.png][Image: 2JSik6b.jpg]
I'd have to say I love Priffdinas (sp?), or the occult dungeoneering floors...just something about the purple tint all the occult rooms have, is awesome Biggrin
[Image: GpJL.png]

[Image: GVO3.png]
Most beautiful place, or at least the one to come at mind first is the place where Guthix used to live. The area in combination with the music was brilliant.

The ugliest place is definitely the Fishermans Realm, which you enter during the Holy grail quest.
(2015-04-23 20:53:34)Shawn Wrote:  Worst - Nardah its a desert wasteland.

Best - Ape atoll i dont know there's just something i really like about that place.

Nardah does indeed not look like much, but I still like going there sometime because it is so secluded. Biggrin If you ever want to have a place all to yourself, that's where to go. Tongue

Ape Atoll is nice too! Interesting island. Biggrin

(2015-04-24 01:55:51)Lady Spyra Wrote:  I'd have to say I love Priffdinas (sp?), or the occult dungeoneering floors...just something about the purple tint all the occult rooms have, is awesome Biggrin

Prifddinas is a bit too much of that blue-ish colour. Tongue I like the city though, but because of that I can't say it would be a favourite of mine. Biggrin

You don't think there are any ugly places in RuneScape? Or were there too many too pick from? Tongue

(2015-04-24 05:45:33)Velits Wrote:  Most beautiful place, or at least the one to come at mind first is the place where Guthix used to live. The area in combination with the music was brilliant.

The ugliest place is definitely the Fishermans Realm, which you enter during the Holy grail quest.

I guess I should do more quests. I know neither of those places. Tongue
Best - warped floors on hd or the New Varrock

Worst - Draynor village onion patch
(2015-04-24 06:18:45)Myster Q Wrote:  
(2015-04-24 01:55:51)Lady Spyra Wrote:  I'd have to say I love Priffdinas (sp?), or the occult dungeoneering floors...just something about the purple tint all the occult rooms have, is awesome Biggrin

Prifddinas is a bit too much of that blue-ish colour. Tongue I like the city though, but because of that I can't say it would be a favourite of mine. Biggrin

You don't think there are any ugly places in RuneScape? Or were there too many too pick from? Tongue

Oh see, blue is one of my favorite colors Tongue but I mostly just like how it's designed. It's not just a large area with a bunch of buildings. Each area is sectioned off via "walkways" or "sidewalks" if you will. It's quite aesthetically pleasing to my eyes smile

I'm not sure about ugly. Most boring though would probably have to be the Kharidian desert. Maybe that goes without saying, though. Like, dude can we even ride the camels yet?! Tongue
[Image: GpJL.png]

[Image: GVO3.png]
(2015-04-24 15:26:29)Lady Spyra Wrote:  
(2015-04-24 06:18:45)Myster Q Wrote:  

Oh see, blue is one of my favorite colors Tongue but I mostly just like how it's designed. It's not just a large area with a bunch of buildings. Each area is sectioned off via "walkways" or "sidewalks" if you will. It's quite aesthetically pleasing to my eyes smile

I'm not sure about ugly. Most boring though would probably have to be the Kharidian desert. Maybe that goes without saying, though. Like, dude can we even ride the camels yet?! Tongue

Blue is my favourite colour though! Biggrin But there are many shades of blue and the Prifddinas one isn't a shade I like much. Tongue I do like the design and style of the city, it's just that shade of blue... Biggrin But I still enjoy spending a lot of time there, both because of functionality and because of aesthetic reasons. Biggrin

I can fully agree about the desert though. A bit too empty and colourless. And even though we can't ride the camels yet, we can fly those carpets and that's quite cool. Biggrin You don't have to see much of the desert that way either. Tongue

(2015-04-24 09:33:16)Jonathan Wrote:  Best - warped floors on hd or the New Varrock

Worst - Draynor village onion patch

I don't like the way Draynor looks nowadays either. Way too dark. Tongue The onion patch is a bit specific though, I don't dislike that more than any other part of Draynor. Biggrin