A Clean Slate

This is going to probably be a bit of a sensitive topic for some people in the clan, but I have to bring it up on behalf of the staff, so that we can work towards a solution.

As you all know, we have three main member ranks; Member, Veteran and Guru. These ranks are purely time based, and you are only given these ranks provided you have been in the clan for a certain amount of time. I believe this alone is fundamentally wrong as a way of giving out ranks to members. While you should be rewarded for your time with us, I believe there are many other factors that contribute to ranking and rewards.

It is with this in mind, that we as Staff have decided to flatten the hierarchy, in the same way it has been for us. This week, everyone will be reverted back to 'Member', as their rank. There will be a new rank system coming through, which will allow us all to start from scratch, and earn our way through the ranks by doing extra things for the clan and contributing.

I hope you all understand, especially for those in Veteran and Guru ranks, that we do appreciate your time with us, and we don't want this to be viewed as a depreciation of your worth around here. We are just reworking the mechanics of the clan's ranking system, and I think it's fairer under a new mechanic that we all revert to the original Member rank. Veteran and Guru ranks will be discontinued by the end of the week.

I thank you all for your patience with our clan reforms, and would appreciate any feedback with regards to a new ranking and promotions system in the Feedback forum.

-Jord
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
Any Guru who wants his/her avatar access back: apply here. Any member can apply btw.
So anyone not staff is a member from now on ?`
all good, just as long as u make a rank for being a master capper at the citadel PLEASE
[Image: The%20RRman.png]
[Image: m7Pj7P6.png]
[\sarcasm][\hyperbel]So basicly longterm loyalty is worth nothing anymore and we'll be living in a nice communist community where everyones equal except staff/goverment of course. [\hyperbel][\sarcasm]

My opinion:
I never liked the time based ranks to have more priviliges than normal members so to cut that down is nice. It is however a massive depreciation of long term loyalty no matter how you phrase it. I'd rather have a purely cosmetic veteran rank that's on the same level as normal members with ranks above (wether they are named Gurus or whatever) linked to doing more and open to both normal and veteran members. Also if you're going by that it's pretty inconsistent to pull newly returned members right back into staff (that is not to say it was wrong just that it's out of line with what's described here).

Quick edit: Rather not make more enemies here, but I think almost all staff has my skype anyways to contact me there.
(2015-05-29 09:03:41)Jonathan Wrote:  So anyone not staff is a member from now on ?`

We have: Genius > Booster > Member > Recruit - Honoured - Friend

(2015-05-29 11:04:45)The RRman Wrote:  all good, just as long as u make a rank for being a master capper at the citadel PLEASE

Maybe King2

(2015-05-29 12:29:59)Kreuzi Wrote:  [\sarcasm][\hyperbel]So basicly longterm loyalty is worth nothing anymore and we'll be living in a nice communist community where everyones equal except staff/goverment of course. [\hyperbel][\sarcasm]

My opinion:
I never liked the time based ranks to have more priviliges than normal members so to cut that down is nice. It is however a massive depreciation of long term loyalty no matter how you phrase it. I'd rather have a purely cosmetic veteran rank that's on the same level as normal members with ranks above (wether they are named Gurus or whatever) linked to doing more and open to both normal and veteran members. Also if you're going by that it's pretty inconsistent to pull newly returned members right back into staff (that is not to say it was wrong just that it's out of line with what's described here).

Quick edit: Rather not make more enemies here, but I think almost all staff has my skype anyways to contact me there.

The only privileges Gurus had was avatar warden, Veteran wasn't different from Member. Soon there will be a new ranking system that will allow us to show more than just how long someone has been in the clan.

Thanks for your sarcasm .
I don't mind this kind of system. Either was fine to me.
Even by going with both idea of long-term AND by contributing.
Main: Princess Emiko Yuki
Alt: Princess Revy Chan

Sounds like a good way of motivating people to do stuff. I'm curiously awaiting these new ranks and what 'stuff' you'll have to do for them. Biggrin
[Image: myster-q-motm.png]
Awwww I'm gonna miss being in white. But purple does suit me better as a Zarosian.
Master of All Wills and Quests
[Image: gohankuten.png][Image: GohanRAWR.gif]
I understand your decision, but I think you need to focus on giving the long term members some sort of rank back any time soon. It's still some way to be recognized for your devotion to the clan. Ofcourse, as you say, things like activity and contribution to the clan should be taken into account.