Your Noob Moments.
Thread Closed 

So we've all had them, and I've had my fair share - while standing in Edge skilling recently I've noticed so many noob moments which reminds me of my own for instance, today this 119 asked where the fishing guild was....

so post below yours Biggrin

I'll start off first.

When I first started playing Runescape, I didn't know there were any other towns other than Lumbridge and I was lvl 50 woodcut before I even ventured out of town.

I didn't even know how to tell what combat lvl I was!

Someone was kind enough to give me a rune axe, it was the most expensive thing in my bank, back in the days of free trade this guy offered to turn my axe into "heaps" of gold coins...I handed over my most cherished item and he showed me 500k in gp only he didn't give me the gp, he called me noob and tele'd away Sad

I still have never used Ancients Magick to this day :p

Very nice thread Meg. I'm sure we'll get some funny stories just like your own Wink

Anyway here is my "Noob Moment" - I was playing Runescape with my friend. I was skyping him etc, and he told me about the Fight Pits and how it was all covered in Lava.
I said do I need anything special to go in there? He said yes. You need special Lava Boots. I asked around for ages for these Lava Boots and nobody said they had them. I left it 2 Weeks before I went to try it without these boots. I went in there and nothing happened. I asked my friend why nothing was hurting me, he said " Lololol, cant believe you actually believed me about the Lava Boots, you're a noob."

That was by far my Noobiest Moment in Runescape.

/EndofNoobMoment.
I don't have noob moments Grin

nah, the one stupid thing I can really remember is that I got stuck for weeks in Varrock and didn't know how to return to Lumbridge. For a week or so I enjoyed Varrock but after that I wanted to go back.
I called a friend to get over to my place and get my character back to Lumbridge..

I know for sure I have had many more noob moments, since I wasn't that much of a pro-player in my first year, but this was the only thing I still remember.

I know The Slayers Guild has a topic on noob moments that concentrates mainly on noobs and slaying. Its over 100 pages.

For me, I also didnt know how to tell my combat for awhile. I think i figured out that when I looked at someone else, and they were green, it meant I was higher than them. If they were red, I was lower. So i guessed what combat lvl I was. Cant remember what lvl I actually figured it out though.
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
A few months ago I wanted to go to Aviansies. I had read that using bones to peaches was a really great way to camp and that pretty much everyone did it that way. So I spent a TON of time over at the Mage Training Arena. In my clan's chat, I said "GOSH getting this spell is going to take SUCH a LONG time!!" "What spell?" "Bones to peaches". They all proceeded to laugh at me. I didn't realize it was something you could buy from ge.

*facepalm*
[img=0x40]http://i.min.us/idZkQa.png[/img]
[img=0x200]http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/137/505/zQLMZ.gif[/img]
[Image: 7WiM6jg.png]
g & a p m p r o f i l e
s t a t s (Click to View)
Pretty easy I Got scammed, traded Santa Hat for "Guthan spear" Leaf-Bladed Spear. At that time both items Guthan spear and the Leaf-Bladed Spear looked the same and Santa hat was worth less than Guthan spear so basically I got exited and clicked accept really quickly XD
oh whatever at least after this event I went back to fletching made my money back + got 99
Made enough money to buy steel armor from killing men just to die to a skeleton.
Felt badass when somebody paid me 15k to be their boyfriend and ran off.
[Image: Rarely_Lucky.png]

[Image: Rarely_Lucky.png]

[Image: spinner_big.gif]
I've had plenty, can't remember too many anymore though.

I remember in my first month of playing I had just bought steel armour after saving up from goblins/cows/chickens. I went to fight giant rats and my father called me to take out the trash so I left my guy fighting a giant rat and took out the trash but when I came back my guy was naked and standing in Lumby... took me like a week to get steel armour again.

I also remember I died at black demons under Edgeville while on a Slayer task to some pkers, this was well before gravestones and still in the old wildy. For whatever reason I had about 5m gold on me, I think I was showing my friend my awesome gold stash and just figured I'd go down and finish my slayer task after doing that. I didn't realize that under Edgeville it was the wildy just like above, this was also before we had any warnings except the gate and a sign which I never clicked before so I never read it lol... So yeah, some pker made 5m+ off me and 5m of it was a cash pile, he probably thought of me as a noob the rest of his RS times.
[Image: Vf5Ok.png]
[Image: k00kmf.png]
back in like 2005 got scammed for full mith because he said he could trim it, i then quit for 2 years.
(2011-01-05 13:22:05)Jemal Wrote:  back in like 2005 got scammed for full mith because he said he could trim it, i then quit for 2 years.

Aww how sad!! Sad
[img=0x40]http://i.min.us/idZkQa.png[/img]
[img=0x200]http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/137/505/zQLMZ.gif[/img]
[Image: 7WiM6jg.png]
g & a p m p r o f i l e
s t a t s (Click to View)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Post your troll Gold beam moments here (screenshots only) Joseph 12 8,144 2014-03-05 07:02:31
Last Post: Papa Malice
  Noob PKing LOL Bug 11 6,937 2011-02-19 17:55:44
Last Post: Chad
  Me being a noob Bug 22 12,656 2011-02-04 05:29:21
Last Post: Bug
  Best Runescape Moments Kasdeus 11 8,754 2010-11-18 00:42:13
Last Post: l Zephyr l