5 Years of Surreal

It's been a while. Hey everyone!

I just wanted to chime in and let you guys know that something super special happened a few days ago; something monumental. Surreal turned five years old. Wow, we're old! As the founder of Surreal, I can say that we have definitely been through our ups and downs. This clan has not been perfect, and there have been times where we have come pretty darn close to perfect, too.

To reach five years as an active clan is a huge achievement; though I cannot emphasise the importance of your contributions as members and staff enough. Without all of you, this clan would not be breathing, we would not have a community, and there would be nobody to care for it. It is you guys that keep this flame alive, so thank you so much for making it all happen every day.

Creating and being a part of Surreal for the majority of this time has been a huge honour of mine, and to see this clan turn five really hits home as an important milestone. However, I was nowhere near the only reason this clan is standing right now. I need to firstly thank our current staff team. I see the work that goes into this clan, and they are trying really hard to raise the potential success of Surreal. Thanks so much to all of you for making this happen! Our current crop of staff are very talented and passionate about this clan; work with them to make this clan go beyond its limits!

Previous staff who have made very notable contributions must not be forgotten. The work of the likes of Danny, Jos, Meg, Shay, Bug, Pixey, Angus, Blur, Killians, Joey and Tay (that was in no particular order) during the early days really helped cement this clan's legacy for future years. Old Jon is still awesome, by the way.

Please consider this post a sincere reminder of how we got here. We must always remember our roots, and we as a clan can only move forward and improve if we can band together with a common cause in mind. Seeking to fulfill our mission got us to this point.

Surreal can only succeed if it has purpose and a cause to follow. If we are simply here to host events and run competitions for the sake of doing them, we are losing the essence of what this clan is. When our actions and ideas have purpose and meaning, there is no limit to what we can achieve together. Never forget that, guys. If you're serious, show it, and this clan will reach 10 years comfortably.

Happy late birthday, Surreal. You are all awesome, and thank you again smile

-Jordan
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
Woop woop 5 years
"Men have called me mad, but the question is not yet settled
whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence whether
all that is profound does not spring from disease of thought
from moods of mind exalted at the expense of general intellect"

[Image: annie_league_of_legends_signature_by_chi...4ylyti.png]

[Image: L7adChF.png]

Awesome read great to hear about the family roots :-) proud member now and for hopefully forever
Wub
I'm proud to be part of Surreal and I'm proud that we have been able to go on for so long already. I've experienced some ups and downs even in recent times, though with the way things are going now I think we are pretty solid.

When I came back in December last year Surreal really was on the verge of death but I did still feel connected to the clan and felt like I had to do my part. It's been amazing to see Surreal grow again over the course of the last ~10 months. So many amazing new people have joined us, it's great.

PS: come back Jordy Sad!!!
We may be small but we are mighty! You don't have to be in a large clan of people to have fun. I've been here for a long ass time and I love it. We are growing tho which is great and we welcome new members with open arms and as far as I see they are enjoying the close community
[Image: sylvanas_wow_sig_by_katzenfan-d54n86z.png]
I love you Jordan, we need to stay in touch!
That was a lovely post, Jordy smile

Firstly I'd like to thank Jordy for founding this clan. You provided us with a clan that we can all call our home. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside to know that Surreal has made it this long, and I haven't even been here for a year yet! But my time here has been amazing and I know it will continue to be so, and I look forward to being here for many years to come. We may be small in size but we have an awesome bond that can't be broken, no matter what Biggrin For a clan of our small size we still have a lot signing up for SWC every other week, and sometimes we can pull up to 6 or so people to a clan event. Despite our size, our clan chat is still decently active. People who join Surreal don't typically leave us, particularly as of late, so I think that says a lot in itself. I'm proud of Surreal, of the direction we're going, of our staff team, of our members old and new alike, and of just basically anything to do with Surreal. We pull together as a clan and become a family, and that is a magical thing! Wub

Onwards and upwards! We're gonna take Surreal to another five years! Yahoo
[Image: GpJL.png]

[Image: GVO3.png]
Thanks to leaders, staff & members, past and present who have helped us survive!

Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Wub  Happy 5th Birthday Surreal! Wub Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

[Image: happy-birthday-banner-cupcakes1.jpg]
Thank you for the awesome words, Jordan! Biggrin

I don't know about the average lifespan of a RuneScape clan, but I am certain 5 years is quite the milestone! Biggrin Surreal is awesome and always will be! Biggrin
[Image: myster-q-motm.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Surreal's Secret Santa 2018 JeliBelski 36 17,125 2018-12-26 22:38:34
Last Post: Cava
  Surreal +8 Downfall 14 8,379 2018-10-07 11:36:16
Last Post: Nick
  A New Surreal Downfall 19 13,854 2018-05-28 07:08:15
Last Post: Jerome
  April at Surreal: Our Best Downfall 11 7,178 2018-04-03 10:27:46
Last Post: Downfall
  Surreal Revealed Revived Jerome 14 7,709 2017-04-18 16:38:30