Invention + money making
Thread Closed 

Okay, I got two questions here, and I could really use some help.

1. What the heck am I supposed to do in the invention skill? I played through the tutorial last night, and the concept is pretty cool, but it's not clear to me what I can do to level up the skill. I'm at level 5 now, and I've discovered everything I can at this point. I can keep dismantling stuff but I'm just crawling along right now. Is it supposed to be this way, or am I missing something?

2. I had just enough cash to buy a bond and get my membership started back up for two more weeks. That means I've got two weeks to come up with the cash for another bond, to avoid selling off my bank. Before, I could count on a solid 3-5m per hour from qbd. However, my computer is nearly half my age and I don't trust it to let me play dangerous activities anymore. Until I can replace the computer, I need something safe I can do to earn gp. I'm maxed, other than invention, so just about anything else is on the table.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
1. No idea. I haven't started invention yet.

2. You could do many things. Slayer, Theiving prif elves and doing all the clues, mining sandstone for crystal flasks, killing order of ascension minions for keys. Loads of ways.
Well you can combine 1 and 2 to make money. Make divine charges(buy maple logs to dismantle for simple parts) and sell them for profit to train invention til you get to level 27 then make equipment siphons for even more profit. I made 46m doing just that in 1 week and also go to level 35 invention. Though of course also requires some extra work on your part to maximize profit.

Make sure that you buy 600 enchanted gems from the slayer shop every day(300 from tav slayer master shop and 300 from some other slayer master shop) and make them itno slayer rings and disassemble them since they one of the best sources of precious components which are needed to make equipment siphons at level 27. For getting the dexterous components maple shortbows are great specially if you cut and string em yourself.

I could have told you this sooner but for some reason I couldn't load the forum for like the past week. Kept getting a 404 error so sorry I couldn't tell you this info sooner.
Master of All Wills and Quests
[Image: gohankuten.png][Image: GohanRAWR.gif]
It's all good. Thanks for the help. I figured out that lvl 95 divination energy was selling for well above the ge price, so I've been making an easy 3m/h or so there. I'll have to try out the divine charge method and see how it goes. Unless it's a hell of a lot slower it's likely a better option since I kill two birds with one stone.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
You are pretty much gated by the buy limit on energy though I haven't tested if new prices of energy is still profitable to buy. I at least know that siphons are always profitable but that does require grinding out to 27 invention and researching the siphon to be able to make it.
So uhm after levelling my invention to level 14 on day release I've heard they've totally changed the way you can train the skill..? If that's the case then what is good for gaining materials (certain items) also best method of levelling the skill. I have seen a few videos on YT that when you hit 27 you can just put inventions on your weapons + armour to gain XP?

I'm pretty confused... need to get the hang of this skill.
(2016-02-07 14:34:27)Danny Wrote:  So uhm after levelling my invention to level 14 on day release I've heard they've totally changed the way you can train the skill..? If that's the case then what is good for gaining materials (certain items) also best method of levelling the skill. I have seen a few videos on YT that when you hit 27 you can just put inventions on your weapons + armour to gain XP?

Grind to 27 making gizmos.
Once You hit 27 what You should augment items and thn level them up to 10 and thn disassemble for 540k xp/level 10 augmented item.
You only need to make augmentor to augment an item and you dont need to add any perks/gizmos to the weapon, just augmenting is all you need for getting the xp out of it.
Bandos and Zammy gwd are pretty decent to grind unless you want to slay with low tier weapons.
Once you hit level 60 invention You can siphon augmented weapons so You dont have to destroy them (so you can use t90 weps and dont have to destroy them for xp)
(2016-02-07 16:26:23)Jonathan Wrote:  
(2016-02-07 14:34:27)Danny Wrote:  So uhm after levelling my invention to level 14 on day release I've heard they've totally changed the way you can train the skill..? If that's the case then what is good for gaining materials (certain items) also best method of levelling the skill. I have seen a few videos on YT that when you hit 27 you can just put inventions on your weapons + armour to gain XP?

Once You hit 27 what You should augment items and thn level them up to 10 and thn disassemble for 540k xp/level 10 augmented item.
You only need to make augmentor to augment an item and you dont need to add any perks/gizmos to the weapon, just augmenting is all you need for getting the xp out of it.
Bandos and Zammy gwd are pretty decent to grind unless you want to slay with low tier weapons.
Once you hit level 60 invention You can siphon augmented weapons so You dont have to destroy them (so you can use t90 weps and dont have to destroy them for xp)

Nice one, cheers for this!
(2016-02-07 16:26:23)Jonathan Wrote:  

You should make clear that you can siphon from level 27 but once you hit 60 you can level weapons up to level 15 which then makes leveling weapon to 12 and siphoning give same amount of xp as disassembling at level 10 did and that is the max amount of xp. Though it has been worked out that if you go the siphon route then it's more and faster xp to level to 9 and siphon.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invention training Zooperman 2 3,304 2017-06-09 03:35:59
Last Post: Zooperman
  Skilling version of invention Jonathan 3 3,417 2016-03-16 02:48:18
Last Post: Dave
  Invention Jos 2 3,488 2016-01-25 17:35:17
Last Post: Gohankuten
  Invention - What to expect Velits 3 4,139 2015-03-27 19:23:41
Last Post: Myster Q