Surreal Forums
Past Clans - Printable Version

+- Surreal Forums (https://board.clansurreal.com)
+-- Forum: Surreal (https://board.clansurreal.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Surreal News (https://board.clansurreal.com/forum-2.html)
+---- Forum: Archived News (https://board.clansurreal.com/forum-24.html)
+---- Thread: Past Clans (/thread-7986.html)

Past Clans - Downfall - 2014-09-04

Today, we are introducing a new rule to prevent something that has hurt the clan for a long time, and this is a very long time coming. We will now look at clan history, examine how many clans you have been in, and why you left previous clans to determine whether or not you will be accepted into the clan on a cultural basis. This should not be a problem for the majority, however, we'd like to make sure the people we bring in to the clan bring the right attitude about the game in with them.

We're not looking for perfect people (even though you all are to me Wub), we're just looking for open minded skillers who are happy to have a bit of fun on RuneScape. We're not here to compete with the juggernauts, to give you massive status or to make you feel like rank 1. We want to improve your time here.

With that also being said, we are from now on going to strictly impose the 3rd strike on rejoining rule. We have been very relaxed about this in the past, but from now on, it will not be tolerated to clan hop on us. You may rejoin 2 times, and a third if you get voted in by staff. Past that point, you're a guest for life.

I will not tolerate our clan's atmosphere being damaged by culture that doesn't fit the clan brief. It should be well noted what we're about, and what we stand for. We're here to make RuneScape enjoyable, not perfect. If it is not for you, the door's here.

I thank everyone currently in the clan for sticking by us, and we will not disappoint. You'll be glad you stayed.

RE: Past Clans - Dreggstar - 2014-09-04

As if I had a choice of leaving. Lol

RE: Past Clans - Joseph - 2014-09-04

thank you for this post Jordan

Take it easy.

RE: Past Clans - old_jon - 2014-09-04

Good one Jordan. You make some very good points. Good

I'm more than happy to stick by you and am most pleased I stayed. Grin

RE: Past Clans - Jerome - 2014-09-04

Cool, thanks for the announcement Jordan. To clarify, does the 3 strike rule count if one doesn't join another clan after leaving Surreal or is it generally leaving the clan and rejoining regardless of what one has done in between the time.

RE: Past Clans - Downfall - 2014-09-04

(2014-09-04 03:39:37)Jerome Wrote:  Cool, thanks for the announcement Jordan. To clarify, does the 3 strike rule count if one doesn't join another clan after leaving Surreal or is it generally leaving the clan and rejoining regardless of what one has done in between the time.

It counts after being kicked due to inactivity, leaving for unspecified reasons or leaving for another clan. However, if whomever did leave has stayed a member in the clan chat and simply hasn't had time to scape, we can probably arrange something. It is indeed more about properly leaving the clan to explore other endeavours - which probably means the clan is not for them.

RE: Past Clans - Liz - 2014-09-04

Surreal = Perfect for me, no stress. Wub

RE: Past Clans - Debs - 2014-09-04

Thank you Jordan. I think this is an excellent decision and of course you guys in staff have my full support and backing. We want the clan to be a place of enjoyment for everyone smile

RE: Past Clans - Cormag - 2014-09-04

I agree with everything Jordan has said.

By joining Surreal you should know what we stand for and what the clan is about. You enter this clan knowing what we believe in and what to expect of it. This should prepare you for what you're getting yourself into.

Now of course not everyone fits, and that's okay. This is why you have a couple of chances. But it's clear that abusing this will not be tolerated and that you need to decide on what you enjoy about RuneScape most.

RE: Past Clans - Shawn - 2014-09-04

Nice post jordan.

this has been something that i wish happened along time ago...