Surreal Forums
Old School Surreal & Discussion - Printable Version

+- Surreal Forums (https://board.clansurreal.com)
+-- Forum: Surreal (https://board.clansurreal.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Surreal News (https://board.clansurreal.com/forum-2.html)
+---- Forum: Archived News (https://board.clansurreal.com/forum-24.html)
+---- Thread: Old School Surreal & Discussion (/thread-8764.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Old School Surreal & Discussion - Downfall - 2015-05-26

RE: Old School Surreal & Discussion - Jack - 2015-05-26

Cheers for this.

Welcome to Surreal if you're a new member :>.

RE: Old School Surreal & Discussion - Myster Q - 2015-05-26

RE: Old School Surreal & Discussion - Downfall - 2015-05-26

(2015-05-26 17:08:44)Myster Q Wrote:  This is certainly an interesting twist of events and I did not see it coming. Biggrin I'm not quite sure what I think of it yet. We'd kind of be running two different clans with a combined communication channel. I think it may be a bit clumsy from time to time, but one thing is certain and that is that the activity on the forum and the clan chat will rise and that is a good thing. Biggrin

I suspect we will be seeing a lot of new recruits in the coming days? Tongue

Yes! We will be seeing a lot of new recruits. Essentially the clans will run as separate entities. The only similarities between the two will be that we share the same name, and we operate using the same forum or server. Everything else happens independently.

The Staff and myself managing the RS3 side of things have our plans to revitalise our part of the clan too, and we are planning to under-promise, and over-deliver.

It's an exciting time to be in Surreal!

(2015-05-26 17:11:27)Downfall Wrote:  
(2015-05-26 17:08:44)Myster Q Wrote:  This is certainly an interesting twist of events and I did not see it coming. Biggrin I'm not quite sure what I think of it yet. We'd kind of be running two different clans with a combined communication channel. I think it may be a bit clumsy from time to time, but one thing is certain and that is that the activity on the forum and the clan chat will rise and that is a good thing. Biggrin

Yes! We will be seeing a lot of new recruits. Essentially the clans will run as separate entities. The only similarities between the two will be that we share the same name, and we operate using the same forum or server. Everything else happens independently.

The Staff and myself managing the RS3 side of things have our plans to revitalise our part of the clan too, and we are planning to under-promise, and over-deliver.

Sounds wonderful to me! Biggrin

Will the clan chat be shared too? (That's possible right? XD I'm not too familiar with OSRS. Tongue)

RE: Old School Surreal & Discussion - Downfall - 2015-05-26

(2015-05-26 18:37:16)Myster Q Wrote:  

Will the clan chat be shared too? (That's possible right? XD I'm not too familiar with OSRS. Tongue)

Nope, unfortunately they are separated clan chats. Sad

(2015-05-26 18:39:21)Downfall Wrote:  
(2015-05-26 18:37:16)Myster Q Wrote:  

Nope, unfortunately they are separated clan chats. Sad

That's too bad. Maybe we could introduce some combined chat service? Something like IRC? It just seems like a weird idea to get to know people on the forum, yet never talk to them directly. Tongue

There's something we started using on work a couple of days ago called Slack which is a bit IRC-like, combined a bit with a forum-feel (in my opinion). Apparently it is free to use too! I am a total fan myself. It's fun and easy to use. Biggrin

RE: Old School Surreal & Discussion - Nevyn - 2015-05-26

The old school does have a friends chat that you could always join if you're looking to chat with the OSRS members. "Surreal cc"

(2015-05-26 19:12:57)Masterbowler Wrote:  The old school does have a friends chat that you could always join if you're looking to chat with the OSRS members. "Surreal cc"

Oh nice, thanks for letting me know! Biggrin

RE: Old School Surreal & Discussion - Mikuri - 2015-05-26

Instead of IRC and such, we should have a Skype group smile That's sad that we have to run 2 clan chat Sad

On topic, I tried 07, not my thing to be honest, why? Because they update the game with new content. Fixes are fine, like a Dpick to balance versus Dhatchet. But adding new bosses and whatnot killed it for me.

RS3 forever <3