Old School Surreal & Discussion

Surreal has gone Old School!

Thanks to @Jack@, who is captaining our Old School division, we now are active in both versions of RuneScape; answering many requests. It's great to finally be a part of this growing, unique part of RuneScape. Welcome to the family you guys!

I'd just like to remind you all that this is a division of the clan, and is still completely separate. So, that means being a member in the EOC Surreal does not necessarily make you a member of the Old School version, and so on. Staff for EOC are not OSRS staff either. Things may change in future, but for now, that's how it is.

The forums may not be accessible for everyone at this time, but we're working on that one. There are a few issues I need to clear up first so it doesn't get confusing.

At this point, if you do plan on being in both the EOC and OSRS versions of Surreal simultaneously; consider your capacity to meet activity requirements for both, as they are separate at this time. Additionally, please keep your RS3 Surreal rank as your display rank, and your OSRS one as your secondary. This can be managed in your User CP, under Group Memberships.

--------

Additionally, for our EOC members, please check out this discussion to discuss our clan's future and road to prosperity.

I invite you all to discuss this important issue and add any other comments you'd like to make.

More to come next week!

-Jord
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
Cheers for this.

Welcome to Surreal if you're a new member :>.
[Image: 7cDz1.png]
[Image: 5FVMQQ3.png]
This is certainly an interesting twist of events and I did not see it coming. Biggrin I'm not quite sure what I think of it yet. We'd kind of be running two different clans with a combined communication channel. I think it may be a bit clumsy from time to time, but one thing is certain and that is that the activity on the forum and the clan chat will rise and that is a good thing. Biggrin

I suspect we will be seeing a lot of new recruits in the coming days? Tongue

@Jack@
Congratulations on your new position! Biggrin
[Image: myster-q-motm.png]
(2015-05-26 17:08:44)Myster Q Wrote:  This is certainly an interesting twist of events and I did not see it coming. Biggrin I'm not quite sure what I think of it yet. We'd kind of be running two different clans with a combined communication channel. I think it may be a bit clumsy from time to time, but one thing is certain and that is that the activity on the forum and the clan chat will rise and that is a good thing. Biggrin

Yes! We will be seeing a lot of new recruits. Essentially the clans will run as separate entities. The only similarities between the two will be that we share the same name, and we operate using the same forum or server. Everything else happens independently.

The Staff and myself managing the RS3 side of things have our plans to revitalise our part of the clan too, and we are planning to under-promise, and over-deliver.

It's an exciting time to be in Surreal!
(2015-05-26 17:11:27)Downfall Wrote:  
(2015-05-26 17:08:44)Myster Q Wrote:  This is certainly an interesting twist of events and I did not see it coming. Biggrin I'm not quite sure what I think of it yet. We'd kind of be running two different clans with a combined communication channel. I think it may be a bit clumsy from time to time, but one thing is certain and that is that the activity on the forum and the clan chat will rise and that is a good thing. Biggrin

Yes! We will be seeing a lot of new recruits. Essentially the clans will run as separate entities. The only similarities between the two will be that we share the same name, and we operate using the same forum or server. Everything else happens independently.

The Staff and myself managing the RS3 side of things have our plans to revitalise our part of the clan too, and we are planning to under-promise, and over-deliver.

Sounds wonderful to me! Biggrin

Will the clan chat be shared too? (That's possible right? XD I'm not too familiar with OSRS. Tongue)
(2015-05-26 18:37:16)Myster Q Wrote:  

Will the clan chat be shared too? (That's possible right? XD I'm not too familiar with OSRS. Tongue)

Nope, unfortunately they are separated clan chats. Sad
(2015-05-26 18:39:21)Downfall Wrote:  
(2015-05-26 18:37:16)Myster Q Wrote:  

Nope, unfortunately they are separated clan chats. Sad

That's too bad. Maybe we could introduce some combined chat service? Something like IRC? It just seems like a weird idea to get to know people on the forum, yet never talk to them directly. Tongue

There's something we started using on work a couple of days ago called Slack which is a bit IRC-like, combined a bit with a forum-feel (in my opinion). Apparently it is free to use too! I am a total fan myself. It's fun and easy to use. Biggrin
The old school does have a friends chat that you could always join if you're looking to chat with the OSRS members. "Surreal cc"
[Image: Nevyn.png]

Hi “Perhaps it's impossible to wear an identity without becoming what you pretend to be.”  - Oscar Scott Card  King2
(2015-05-26 19:12:57)Masterbowler Wrote:  The old school does have a friends chat that you could always join if you're looking to chat with the OSRS members. "Surreal cc"

Oh nice, thanks for letting me know! Biggrin
Instead of IRC and such, we should have a Skype group smile That's sad that we have to run 2 clan chat Sad

On topic, I tried 07, not my thing to be honest, why? Because they update the game with new content. Fixes are fine, like a Dpick to balance versus Dhatchet. But adding new bosses and whatnot killed it for me.

RS3 forever <3
Main: Princess Emiko Yuki
Alt: Princess Revy Chan

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Surreal's Secret Santa 2018 JeliBelski 36 17,118 2018-12-26 22:38:34
Last Post: Cava
  Surreal +8 Downfall 14 8,375 2018-10-07 11:36:16
Last Post: Nick
  A New Surreal Downfall 19 13,850 2018-05-28 07:08:15
Last Post: Jerome
  April at Surreal: Our Best Downfall 11 7,178 2018-04-03 10:27:46