A Warning to All!

Yes, you've probably heard this one a million times before, but I'm here to say it again for safety's sake. There are many hoax emails and messages going around trying to hack into Runescape accounts. You will notice that some of these emails that are circulating appear to be from support@jagex.com when in real fact, they are not as you'll see in the image below:

[Image: uASeQ.png]
The link in this email directs to a .tk website that looks exactly like Runescape.com - records your login information!

Please ensure that any links you are directed to that appear to be from JaGeX or links that go to the official website of Runescape are legit. The address bar should look something like this when directed to a login form:

[Image: vv2ps.png]

Please be careful with your accounts and don't trust any links you are sent via email, no matter who has sent them to you. Always check your locations and you will keep your account safe during this 'hacking epidemic'.

Take care!
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
I got a email on my private email I use only for real life things from "Jagex" it was a 'Confirm your order', I never opened it as I don't think I have that email tied to any RS related stuff
Noted. Thanks
aww you got the same one too Jordy, I posted this exact email earlier but not in News and Announcements :p the actual link when you hover over it links to runesnape and not runescape lol
Lol I have like 17 email accounts and all of them are spammed so much that even the real Jagex couldn't get a hold of me if they wanted to Tongue
heh seems like all the emails i get about my wow account lol
Thanks for posting this Biggrin
(2011-09-15 08:01:49)Meg Wrote:  dw guys, one day my true intelligence will shine for the world to see and I will bask in full glory of the beautiful smart woman I truly am....until i wake up Biggrin

[Image: bkhaO.png]
Thanks for the warning smile
[Image: xjWu8.png]
[Image: 2a6jyb5.png]

I've only ever gotten the payment receipt emails, the legit ones.

Thanks for the warning though, always worth it to warn everyone so we don't get someone having to leave because they were hacked.
[Image: Vf5Ok.png]
[Image: k00kmf.png]
Wow, thanks a lot! People don't give up, do they?
I love that they brought free trade and wild back and stuff. But now starts again all the scamming's and hacking's. It's sad really. I'm kind of regretting they brought it all back now. My account felt more safe and secure when they had all the restrictions.
[Image: KittehPryde.png]
RSN: KittehPryde - Ironman RSN: FallOutPiXeY
[Image: zocnja.jpg]
[Image: 33cyesl.jpg] [Image: 2445z76.jpg]
everything happens for a reason.
live today, like tomorrow is your last.
it's better to be hated for who you are, than to be loved for who you are not.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Warning: Another e-mail circulating PiXeYstyx 19 18,334 2011-07-01 14:51:51
Last Post: bam191