[Answered] HELP! is this a scam?
Thread Closed 

Big Cross 
Hi there,

a few day's ago I got an email from Blizzard about WOW, Now..I don't have a WOW account nor have I have.. Now, Today when checking my Mail.. I have the exact same email from Runescape/Jagex..

Can someone confirm if this email is real? It's just.. It's proper professional and if its not jagex then someone has spent some serious time making it exacly the same as them7

Runescape Email
Greetings!

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell your personal RuneScape account(s).
As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.
If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled.
It will be ongoing for further investigation by JAGEX Entertainment's employees.
If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership.
You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with:.
Patrial Link Removed - loginform.ws?mod=www&ssl=0&dest

Blizzard Email
Greetings

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell your personal World of Warcraft account(s). As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement. If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled. It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard Entertainment's employees. If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership.

You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with:

Patrial Link Removed - account/support/password-verify.html

Login to your account, In accordance following template to verify your account.

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently.

Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.

Blizzard Entertainment SAS
TSA 60 001
Service Administration des Comptes
78143 Velizy Villacoublay Cedex

If you wish to review our current Rules and Policies for World of Warcraft and Battle.net, they can be found at:
Patrial Link Removed - m/en-gb/company/about/termsofuse.html

Regards,

Game Master Dunarthra
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
Patrial Link Removed - /article.xml?articleId=35726

Please retain all history if you reply to this mail

I have not clicked that link.. but the WOW email said the exact same thing.. but, like.. the email looks professional.. All Runescape Banners Ect..

HELP!
Ineeson
Obv its a scam. Dont be a noob.
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
Well.. How are the able to re-direct it to a https:// Secured site? that needs to be certified?
Private servers. Of course it's a scam, I recieve one daily I have a few hundred of these in my emails.
You should kill the links in the post IMO just incase somebody miss clicks on them.

Thanks Hi
It is a scam Wink
Don't worry about it.
Main: Princess Emiko Yuki
Alt: Princess Revy Chan

(2011-09-30 22:02:17)Ineeson Wrote:  Well.. How are the able to re-direct it to a https:// Secured site? that needs to be certified?

The internets is a magical place.
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
Https isnt actually secure, each layer of HTTPS is broken in itself but because there are many layers its hard to get through it

PS its a scam i get them daily/Hourly if jagex wants to contact you they will use the ingame message system
(2011-09-15 08:01:49)Meg Wrote:  dw guys, one day my true intelligence will shine for the world to see and I will bask in full glory of the beautiful smart woman I truly am....until i wake up Biggrin

[Image: bkhaO.png]
It's undoubtedly a scam. The link may look legit but if you right-click and copy the link address into notepad you'll see it doesn't go where it says it does. Chances are you'll be taken to a site that looks identical to rs/blizzard and they'll try to snooker you out of your login/password info there.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
Definitely a scam, mate.

With Runescape, only deal with account matters through the proper runescape website. That way you can be sure you won't be scammed.

Http://runescape.com
-> Account
-> Account Management

Quote:
What is the point of being an adult , if you can't be childish sometimes.
--Tom Baker as The Fourth Doctor

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Scam at Law Altar, watch to not get scammed, be safe guys <3 Killians 17 10,407 2013-06-16 23:55:27
Last Post: Hostiles
  Another Runescape Scam Neeson 11 7,230 2011-10-12 20:40:43
Last Post: Neeson