A few Questions
Thread Closed 

With the new update of EOC coming to Runescape which I am going to try out this weekend. Yes I knew about this long ago but I still need help in understanding this.

So summoning, prayer and HP(LP) are taken out of the combat calculator right?

Yea so highest of atk, str, range, mage + def level + 2 = the combat level max of 200? and skillers will become level 4 instead of 3.

Pures other than tanks have they ruined pures?
If so or if not what type of pure would be best beneficial to the PK world of RS?
I thought berserker but I levy my odds and I think someone my combat (max = 146) could have 60 defence and maybe wreck me in wild because of the defence bonus which could outweigh my 99 atk and strength.

I have been thinking and I am going to stay pure till all the pure quests are done but go main after if its beneficial to my PKing and PVM'ing. What are your guys opinion? and how will this effect the wildy I need help as I used to be and will be becoming an avid pker.
Your understanding of the new formula is correct.

The rest of your questions don't really have a clear answer yet because there aren't really any low-mid level players fighting in pvp on the beta, so that stuff isn't going to get figured out until after the eoc update comes out.

On paper, I'm pretty sure that 1 def pures are toast because 990 lp just isn't going to be enough anymore. On top of that, your max lp affects how much healing you get from food, so someone with more def is going to be able to hang in there and take the extra damage that someone with less def/more strength can dish out. There's probably some magic number that will give you a better chance than the other guy, but I wouldn't know what it is.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
(2012-08-17 23:37:34)Dave Wrote:  Your understanding of the new formula is correct.

The rest of your questions don't really have a clear answer yet because there aren't really any low-mid level players fighting in pvp on the beta, so that stuff isn't going to get figured out until after the eoc update comes out.

On paper, I'm pretty sure that 1 def pures are toast because 990 lp just isn't going to be enough anymore. On top of that, your max lp affects how much healing you get from food, so someone with more def is going to be able to hang in there and take the extra damage that someone with less def/more strength can dish out. There's probably some magic number that will give you a better chance than the other guy, but I wouldn't know what it is.

alright well I browsed the RS forums for anything worthwhile and I saw a few things like stick to berserker and see what happens and I think thats a clear shot that there are a few people doing it.
Yeah I guess I will have to wait and see but I was just shooting this out there to see if anyone here had a good answer for me. Thank you for the reply and well see if anyone else here can help further. :-)
Sounds reasonable to me. I should point out that 1) rune armor is going to require 50 defence in the eoc, and 2) I haven't seen any armor (including boots/gloves) with offensive stats, and unless they change their minds on this point I doubt the berserker helm will be any different, and it will probably be inferior to the rune full helm.

You're also unlikely to see a player with 60 defence in the wilderness. Dragon armor is too expensive to risk, and the extra defence levels don't help much unless you can wear the better armor to take advantage of it.
[Image: motm.png]
[Image: 0ddb418f4b.png]

"The only thing an adult can give a child is a yellow cape." - Chuck Jones
(2012-08-18 07:47:43)Dave Wrote:  Sounds reasonable to me. I should point out that 1) rune armor is going to require 50 defence in the eoc, and 2) I haven't seen any armor (including boots/gloves) with offensive stats, and unless they change their minds on this point I doubt the berserker helm will be any different, and it will probably be inferior to the rune full helm.

You're also unlikely to see a player with 60 defence in the wilderness. Dragon armor is too expensive to risk, and the extra defence levels don't help much unless you can wear the better armor to take advantage of it.

see this point is something I was unaware of. So thank you for pointing it out to me. I guess I will stay as I am until after the launch to see how horrible I do I mean I know venge and stuff will still do good and I could wear addy ffs and still win with venge if lucky but yeah I mean I will stay as am until after eoc and then I will change accordingly maybe we will see a new group of pures based on the eoc and I can change accordingly again thank you for your help.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slayer Questions AlchemyHawk 5 4,639 2014-03-03 21:25:38
Last Post: Gatrie
  Slayer Questions Dave 4 4,230 2014-01-16 04:55:41
Last Post: Gohankuten
  A couple combat questions Bug 6 4,665 2013-02-26 08:25:37
Last Post: Bug
  Answered Fishing questions? Incise 6 4,354 2011-08-09 09:17:58
Last Post: Shay
  Answered 2 questions :P RobZ 12 8,040 2011-01-13 05:40:01
Last Post: Downfall