[Answered] 2 questions :P
Thread Closed 

First, I am on break from classes for about a month. So I see this as the perfect opportunity to possibly bang a 99 out. However, I cannot decide which. Any recommendations? Preferably something fast and semi to non afkable (I like to do afk when school is in session while studying, homework, etc). I was thinking Thieving, but I can't settle. All suggestions would be appreciated! smile

Second. Owning a Santa Hat has been a Runescape pipe dream of mine since I started playing 5 years ago. I am getting more money nowadays and can almost afford one! However, would it be completely unwise to buy one and blow almost my entire bank (if I can ever get to afford one). I make about 1m a day through shop runs, so money could be gained back slowly. Basically the question is buy the Santa and limit myself to certain skills or pass on it for now and save/spend some money on skills. Just trying to pick your brain.

Sorry for the long read. Tongue And thanks in advance for anyone who puts their two cents in!
I personally just banged out Hunting it really wasn't that bad. If you like theiving then go for it though!

Also on the santa hat note, I'd wait until you have a little bit over then the bare minimum for it so that you still have money to play with and can have your cool hat. smile
I would not recommend buying a santa hat. The richest player in the game Chessy[some random numbers] has around 1000 of them. Unfortunately, that would mean that the price of the santa hat is entirely at her mercy. Should she decide to sell them all, the price, and your bank, would plummet. I've heard rumors that she will do that at Christmas but don't take that as fact.
first off, thieving is an extremely fast skill to train, not very afkable but as a self confessed plunder addict i'd say definitely get 99 thieving Wub (biased)

as for the Santa, its entirely up to you - they've gone up in price so much and will prob keep rising so I'd get on now before they become like party hats - I wish I'd got one back when they were like 20m!!

you can alway make money by skilling/monster hunting to pay for other skills.
(2010-12-08 12:38:23)Meg Wrote:  first off, thieving is an extremely fast skill to train, not very afkable but as a self confessed plunder addict i'd say definitely get 99 thieving Wub (biased)

Don't listen to Meg, she's delusional. Thieving is awful.
The first 99 I got was fletching actually. It's not completely AFK-able but you can basically chill out in a bank somewhere and get to work. Usually when I did it, it depended on the mood I was in when determining where I wanted to do it. If I was in a social mood, I'd do it in a more crowded bank. If not, I found a bank in some remote location and just worked there. Did the same for crafting.

It really depends on what skill you prefer honestly, anyone can suggest a 99 for you to get but it only matters if you particularly enjoy that skill.

As for the santa hat, I know what you mean lol. A few years ago I had about three of them, and I sold them all for some money here and there for skills (they were 12M when I sold them). Now I regret it, but I have a yellow partyhat that I've been holding on to for years now and I've made over 400M by just holding it. So what I mean is, santas might be a different story, but be careful when you gather up the money for one. You might end up playing a cat-and-mouse game if you don't snag one soon.
Do a skill you like. You shouldnt do something because other people like it.

And personally I wouldnt waste money on a santa. It sounds like you want to skill more in the future, and if having money would help I would save the money. If you dont plan on using the money on something uselful, then go ahead.
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
I wouldn't buy the santa personally, but you could get thieving quite easily
I know what you mean by trying forever to get the Santa and finally being able to do it.

I have had Santas off and on now for a few years myself but after the 8th or so time buying another one I decided I was going to save up for a purple partyhat. I actually had a purple back when they were only 50m-ish in like early 2004. I sold it just a few months later after it rose to 60m which was a ton of cash back than that bought me quite a bit of armour and 99 crafting.

So, I saved up for a few months and got the cash needed to buy a new purple but than I looked at my stats and was like "Hmm, I still have a few 99's I could buy with this cash.." I decided not to buy a rare but instead improve my character

Personally I have no future plans to ever buy a rare again, it's a tricky market and can crash in a matter of a few days whenever someone feels like crashing it. Basically, buy at your own risk.

In the end it's your decision but I wanted to put in my two cents. If you're wanting to build your skills spend your cash on that but if you don't than buy a rare, it all depends what you like doing in Runescape.
[Image: Vf5Ok.png]
[Image: k00kmf.png]
Here is my advice...Any rare is worth getting; especially if it is a dream! So, in that regard I highly ask that you wait to purchase your Santa hat in the summer months as Santa hats go down in price considerably. Since, you are out of school, work your skills while you can!

P.S. I still have my Santa hats from years ago, I did not buy them for investing; I bought them because I could and I wanted them.

*hugs*

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slayer Questions AlchemyHawk 5 4,639 2014-03-03 21:25:38
Last Post: Gatrie
  Slayer Questions Dave 4 4,230 2014-01-16 04:55:41
Last Post: Gohankuten
  A couple combat questions Bug 6 4,665 2013-02-26 08:25:37
Last Post: Bug
  A few Questions 70s_Warlordx 4 3,901 2012-08-18 21:04:27
Last Post: 70s_Warlordx
  Answered Fishing questions? Incise 6 4,354 2011-08-09 09:17:58