Petition Against Selling In-game Advantage
Thread Closed 

https://www.change.org/petitions/jagex-c...ansactions

This is a petition to Jagex to stop selling in-game advantage with updates like Silverhawk Boots. Please sign if you feel compelled.
It really doesn't bother me at all, if people want to waste money like that then let them...
I used to get really bothered by these updates, but now, because I don't really play competitively and I'm not overly bothered about a rank in game, if people want to waste their money - then let them, Jagex is a business after all and at the end of the day are about making profit.

Many games have micro-transactions, Jagex is not the first nor the worst.
hear hear meg
Man, I thought I was over this by now, but apparently not. >.< There are many layers to this update which I find bad, and together it makes it a horrible update for me. These things are:
1) Overpowered nature of the boots
2) The ability to train agility without training agility
3) Micro-transitions
4) The process of obtaining them

1) I am going to start with the overpowered nature of the boots, since that is a big one for me. Agility before this update was the 2nd slowest skill in the game (divination being the slowest) and with bxp had a max of 140K xp/hr. With the new boots, training properly you get nearly 500K xp/hr...making a great xp/hr skill for one that used to be the slowest. I understand that new methods will come over time replacing old methods, making your work before somehwat obsolete, that is how the game goes. But this increase is waaay too major for the usual game progression, even if this was a big agility update the XP/hr usually wouldn't jump up more than 30K extra.

2) Not only this, but with these boots the time required for training agility is 0.... 0 hours! Since you gain all the xp while doing other skilling, meaning if everybody was rich enough agility courses would be dead content. I would be much happier if these boots gave extra xp to the agility skill as you progressed through the agility courses, that would make so much more sense.

3) Micro-transitions are an active part of the game now, I accept that. If people want to spend hundreds of dollars or billions of gp to buy treasure hunter keys, that is their choice like you said Meg. However bringing a very overpowered item in the game and plopping it into that system seems a bit extraordinary to me. I mean, clearly Jagex is just phasing us slowly into this new micro-transition stage, and they are planning much more of this for the future over time. This thought really cares me...but Jagex kinda screwed up here because this item was too strong, too fast, so there was a big backlash.

4) This ties into my last point, but the way they had this promotion for over the weekend so just those playing then could get the item really aggravated me. Later I have found out it is still available but just rarer, which makes it a bit better but not that much. If they are going to be a revolutionizing, top-of-the-line skilling content into the game, I feel like all players should have easy access to it.

Now, with all the backlash that happened, Jagex has made some adjustments which I commend them for, all the points still remain though. I just think there is a lot more to this update then first appears.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

Quote:Hi all,
We've been watching players’ use of Silverhawk boots, comparing it to what we intended and listening to your feedback, and we’ve decided to make some changes. We wanted this item to be a fun boost to Agility training while doing other activities, but not for it to outstrip or undermine existing methods.
The adjustments we’re working on will change the rates at which the boots award Agility XP, making different skilling activities behave more like each other; this will mean that players can gain this passive benefit without having to change their routine. Some activities were triggering the benefit more frequently then we wanted, so those rates will be reduced. With a couple of smaller fixes, we’re confident that this will make Agility courses the best training again.
These changes have just been sent for testing: we’ll be checking them carefully to make sure there are no new issues, so I’m not sure at the moment when they will go live. After launch we’ll keep monitoring the situation and if further changes could help we’ll look into them.
With Treasure Hunter and Solomon's General Store we aim to create interesting options for players but not to replace normal gameplay. Thanks for your patience while we put this one right.
Mod Hew
[Image: angusmotm.png]
Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
Yeah thats why I said I commend them for making adjustments, but the rates are still crazy.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

I'm glad that they recognized that they overstepped their bounds, but it's not only Silverhawk Boots. Putting things like the Wicked Pouch and the Wealth Evaluator in Solomon's is crossing the line simply by their very concept.
(2014-03-22 12:53:08)Meg Wrote:  I used to get really bothered by these updates, but now, because I don't really play competitively and I'm not overly bothered about a rank in game, if people want to waste their money - then let them, Jagex is a business after all and at the end of the day are about making profit.

Many games have micro-transactions, Jagex is not the first nor the worst.

this is exactly how i feel about this., Except the competitive part :p

though it seems they add some dumb promotion every weekend and its getting pretty sad. just had boots here you go have some OP planks
[Image: user1-light.png][Image: 2JSik6b.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Name Change Game Mr Tanner 22 12,844 2018-04-16 16:30:14
Last Post: Oxide
  What are you currently doing in-game? (Screenshots ONLY) Blur 88 42,450 2014-03-07 13:41:22
Last Post: Blur
  Runescape - Game Update - Demon Flash Mobs ScapeSkill 4 4,082 2013-01-29 18:48:00
Last Post: ScapeSkill
  Runescape - Game Update - Desert Tasks ScapeSkill 6 4,933 2013-01-25 06:58:37
Last Post: Gohankuten
  Username Availability: A Game of Luck or Strategy? Whiskey 8 5,460 2012-05-29 07:42:07
Last Post: Bug