[Read] Everything is About to Change

Let's Talk Surreal
Change is in the Air

Let's Start

From this day on, our bad months are behind us. I am announcing an ambitious plan to reignite Surreal from the ground up. We are reforming; we are changing; we are bettering ourselves. This topic is going to give you an overview of some immediate changes to Surreal moving forward, as well as our plan for 2015 and on.

Everything outlined in this topic is work that will be continued now. You will see improvements almost immediately, and the clan will continuously get better, until we eventually (very soon) completely overhaul our entire project.

Team Changes

Departures

Firstly, I'd like to extend my greatest thanks to @Angus@ and @Blur@ for their continuous efforts maintaining the clan. Your departures from the staff team will be felt throughout the clan, but your positive actions have also affected the clan, so we are grateful for your help. I wish you both the best, and can't thank you enough for what you have done.

Staff Promotions

As of today, I am promoting both @Jos@, and @Joseph@ to Staff ranks. I am retiring the 'Senior Staff' rank, as Staff will now cover that role. They will from now on be your go-to members for all things Surreal; each covering a different time zone. Staff now are dedicated to improving the clan with projects to increase efficiency and engagement - taking feedback and managing the srs bznz.

Boost Team

Surreal now has a new team of happy faces, dubbed the 'Boost Team'. This team of members are dedicated to ensuring Surreal provides an experience that exceeds the best of the best available. These members are community managers, moderating the forum, coaching new members and hosting creative, interesting events and competitions for you all to enjoy!

I'm currently taking expressions of interest for this team position. Responsibilities are shared and work load is not intense - just be your own bubbly self. PM me if you are interested!

Removals & Roll Call

As you all know, we have conducted a roll call due to inconsistent activity reporting over time - so we are removing members for either not responding to the form, or indicating they are not going to be with us in future. All the best in the future.

A full list of removed members will be published separately on our website. I will update you when that's out in the next couple of days.

We're Turning a New Leaf

What?! Why?!

Anyone here can notice, things need to change - badly. Instead of moving forward with the same theories and ideals as we always have, we are going to take the clan right back to basics. At our core, we are here to provide a fun, encouraging environment for all of our members.

A strong emphasis will be placed on community, friendship and assistance - our competitions will be more dynamic and exciting, and events will be helpful to your skilling progress; yet entertaining at the same time. We really want you to feel like this clan provides something invaluable to your gameplay -- we want to make you happy.

It's an ambitious goal, and it will start with some ambitious plans.

Rewards for Activity & Social Behaviour

We will be providing more incentives to be a social butterfly here in the clan - and I'm going to put a lesser emphasis on achieving points figures, and more focus on actually bettering yourself and helping your clan mates out, too.

Event Reform

Nobody wants to attend an event that they've done a million times before... stand around, not talk, and have little fun at all - that's not what we're about. Events will be of the same frequency, but they will have twists and turns to engage and encourage you to come along and join in on the fun!

A Familiar Force

A familiar force will return to Surreal. You'll never skill the same again. Newbies, you have no idea what you're about to get yourself into.

Complete Forum & Website Redesign and Development

Our Forum, Website, HUB, Informational Threads, Inner Processes and Ideals will all be looked over, completely scrapped and rethought. We will be recruiting from 2015 as a new clan, under a fresh start with a new team and brand new sets of events and competitions.

Additionally, this means an advanced tracking system, new competition systems that are more fun to use and a flurry of new tidbits and features that'll keep you coming back to our site!

Recruitment Rethink

Recruitment will completely change over the course of our time as a clan. We will be recruiting through a carefully thought out path from the RuneScape Official Forums, running recruitment drives, be involved with Jagex events and really putting our name out there. We want to be heard!

It'll be a fresh start for Surreal that we so desperately deserve -- and this is just the beginning.

Get Involved

If you're wondering how you can raise our clan up and involve yourself with the above reforms, please consider the following things as part of your time here.

Don't be a Lemon, be a Rosebud

Nobody likes a grinch. If we're hosting something, go ahead and give it a go if you have time! You've got nothing to lose. Attend as many events as you can, and make it your goal to liven up the place, get to know people and make some friends. We always bring in fantastic people!

Teamspeak

Hop into our Teamspeak server whenever you're free! You'll be surprised how close you can get with people just by chatting with your voice. It also lets you focus on the game without having to type so often.

Talk?

If you were a new member, and you hopped into a Clan Chat, and it was dead frozen, nobody responding, would you want to join? Of course not! If you really want to help us, be a bit more chatty in the clan chat. It'll help us recruit so much easier, and will make you more buddies. Additionally, don't be afraid to offer people help, or in contrast, ask for help. It's fine! That's what we're a clan for!

Skill in the Home World of 46

What ever happened to the days when we would skill together on the same world. It's just not the same! Be on World 46 as much as you possibly can. If you can't, let me know why.

Use the Forums

Our forums are beautiful, and they're also made to be used. Please take some time out of your day to contribute to the community here on the forums, make a post or two, update your goal log and just generally make this place cosy again. It's getting dull.

Refer a Friend

The coolest people you could bring to a clan are your friends (because they're your friends, duh!). Seriously, if you can bring a friend in, do it. We'll give you the nicest cookies you've ever tasted.

Contribute

Think you'd be an asset to our team of superheroes? Message me and let me know what you could do for the clan. Promotions are definitely not out of the question - but be prepared to do stuff!

Our plans are of course subject to change due to feedback and initial project planning. We're getting this show on the road starting today. Please bare with us if you see any teething periods!

I'd love to hear what you all have to say about this, so please respond to this thread with your thoughts and feedback. Let us know how excited you are smile

The team can't wait to get started, so let's go!
Game faces on, Surreal.

Give_heart
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
Sent you a PM. I'm very excited about the new attitude and can't wait to see what is all in store for Surreal in 2015!
[Image: KittehPryde.png]
RSN: KittehPryde - Ironman RSN: FallOutPiXeY
[Image: zocnja.jpg]
[Image: 33cyesl.jpg] [Image: 2445z76.jpg]
everything happens for a reason.
live today, like tomorrow is your last.
it's better to be hated for who you are, than to be loved for who you are not.
Really looking forward to 2015 Wub
[img=0x40]http://i.min.us/idZkQa.png[/img]
[img=0x200]http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/137/505/zQLMZ.gif[/img]
[Image: 7WiM6jg.png]
g & a p m p r o f i l e
s t a t s (Click to View)
Thank you both for the enthusiasm Biggrin We're going to be recruiting via the RSOF. Currently, we're using our old thread (which needs updating at the moment, but it'll do), please if you can bump the thread.

"Quick find code: 288-289-497-65220506"

http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/a=...7,65220506
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
It is not easy to create and maintain a clan. If it were to be easy, there would be a lot more clans around. If we all participate actively in this community, we can make Surreal the paradise it once was again.

Together we can succeed.
Sounds interesting. I've always wondered why ranked members don't usually acknowledge people in CC when they log on or ask questions. I think that it will make a big difference having Ranks set an example by being friendly.
Over the past few months it has indeed been rough but I believe with this new change and our new team's determination we can help rebuild surreal from the ground up. We're committed to making this work, work with us and you'll find success, thank you for sticking with us this long.

We've gone strong for so long, let's continue our legacy.
(2014-12-01 15:13:27)Downfall Wrote:  

Boost Team

Surreal now has a new team of happy faces, dubbed the 'Boost Team'. This team of members are dedicated to ensuring Surreal provides an experience that exceeds the best of the best available. These members are community managers, moderating the forum, coaching new members and hosting creative, interesting events and competitions for you all to enjoy!

I'm currently taking expressions of interest for this team position. Responsibilities are shared and work load is not intense - just be your own bubbly self. PM me if you are interested![/contentbox]

*pokes @Liz@*

(2014-12-01 21:10:14)Liz Wrote:  Sounds interesting. I've always wondered why ranked members don't usually acknowledge people in CC when they log on or ask questions. I think that it will make a big difference to having Ranks set an example by being friendly.

Aww that's no good. I know I usually try to answer when I can. I've been distracted for sure though. Sorry if that's ever been me!!
[img=0x40]http://i.min.us/idZkQa.png[/img]
[img=0x200]http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/137/505/zQLMZ.gif[/img]
[Image: 7WiM6jg.png]
g & a p m p r o f i l e
s t a t s (Click to View)
Best of luck with all the changes and updates guys. If anyone can make it work, it's Surreal. Biggrin
Really like the idea! Most of you guys know that I like to be my own bubbly self! .3

For most of the points I'm optimistic and if something isn't working right away, plenty of time to adjust them anyways! I most likely won't get more active on the forums (but I keep on silently stalking all your threads!!!) and for the rest I kinda did most of that anyways so it's not much of a change for me.
I would like to point out Avas dedication over the past month(s) though, you really kept events and staff jobs going lately!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resource Cap Points Change Downfall 14 8,046 2018-10-22 19:15:18
Last Post: Dark
  'Change', July 2012 Downfall 32 21,005 2012-08-14 11:59:21
Last Post: Bolivius
  Requirements Change Downfall 27 24,743 2011-01-22 07:38:15
Last Post: Pitufo