Completed: Major Forum Upgrade

Hi everyone!

This evening we initiated a major forum upgrade which has been discussed for some time now. We are now running the latest version of our MyBB forum software -- which is good! What it also means, however, is that there are going to be a lot of bugs, missing features and odd little things you'll notice here and there while we get the forums up and running in the same condition as before. I've compiled a list of a few things you may notice below.

Current Issues
  • Alerts do not work
  • Quotes may look a bit odd depending on your preference
  • Editor, along with some UI elements do not match the colour scheme
  • Some threads are missing HTML parsing
  • Moderation actions do not work
  • Who's Online looks a bit... error-y.
  • Our mobile site is not working... for the foreseeable future Never mind, works now!
What to expect in future
We are going to be working extremely hard to get these forums up to our normal standard of work, and we already have fantastic plans for the future! These plans do include a brand new awards system which will be an integral part of our ranking system overhaul discussed earlier. We also plan to merge the forums with our main site.

The Old School portion of our clan will be moved to a separate location to operate on their own. This will give them the freedom to do more with their offsite setup.

Thank you very much for being so patient during this major upgrade. It has been a tiring effort for us, but it was all worth it. It's great that everything at least works now, and we would really appreciate as much feedback as possible on what we can improve on, so that we can make these forums oh so great! Have a great weekend, everyone. We'll be in touch at the beginning of July for the next edition of Surreal Revealed. Stay tuned!

-Jordan
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
I'm excited for these forums and for everything our members are in for smile It's so exciting to watch Surreal change and take shape. I hope you're all as excited to be a part of these changes that are happening, as I am Biggrin
[Image: GpJL.png]

[Image: GVO3.png]
It's looking very nice. Biggrin It'll take a couple of days to get used to tough. Tongue

Thanks for all the work you put into it! Biggrin
[Image: myster-q-motm.png]
It is now possible to tag people on the forums. Bare in mind, the syntax for this has changed slightly. Instead of using @Username@, we now use @[Username].

So, for instance, if I were to tag myself in a post, it would look like this:

Code:
@[Downfall]

Just remember, tagging someone now notifies them by Private Message straight away, so they can see what you tagged them for--a great way to get someone's attention! I think this is a great addition to what our previous system did!

You're welcome smile
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
looks good jordy!
[Image: user1-light.png][Image: 2JSik6b.jpg]
It looks so clean! Great job Tongue
[Image: Old%20Spice.png]
[Image: 7WiM6jg.png]
[Image: xOmsHrZ.png][Image: foVlp4A.png]
[Image: mvqw94O.png]
Thanks Jordy
[Image: Nevyn.png]

Hi “Perhaps it's impossible to wear an identity without becoming what you pretend to be.”  - Oscar Scott Card  King2
Looks nice smile
TERRWYN: Welsh name meaning "brave fair one."

[Image: pbmJpDG.png][Image: e5juWGD.png]
[Image: 9mnl8B0.gif][Image: RnAibsa.png]
[Image: user1-dark.png]    
Skill pets since my return 4th September 2018
19th October - Bernie the Firemaking pet drop 
30th October - Brains the Farming pet drop
8th November - Malcolm the Invention pet drop
16th November - Shamini the Summoning pet drop
I'm quite loving the new look. smile
[Image: newcomer.png]
Goal Log (Current Goal: Port Skills + Hard Tasks)
Member of the Month (Click to View)
Nice work! Forums are looking sweet Biggrin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forum Posting Bonus & Auto Cap Downfall 12 7,522 2017-12-17 19:50:53
Last Post: Shawn
  Forum Upgrade Downfall 8 5,300 2015-06-23 17:20:03
Last Post: Downfall
  New Forum Theme Downfall 37 22,751 2014-04-29 05:10:32
Last Post: Downfall
  New Forum Colours Downfall 14 8,837 2014-04-17 22:33:48
Last Post: AlchemyHawk