Bring back the old wilderness!
Thread Closed 

Register your vote by the 14th of January 2011
Please register your vote if you want to see the return of free trade and the danger of the original wildy. 100,000 votes certainly won't be enough. Perhaps not even 1,000,000. It will take you and every one of your friends, ex-friends and probably even enemies to register sufficient votes to bring it back.
Simply put in your character name and if you want to stay anonymous just tick the box. Make your voice heard and your vote count!

The Wildy is dead, and long may it stay so!
Can't stand the thought of a return to the days of free trade, the original wildy or the problems associated with it, make sure you get everyone who feels the same way to boycott this vote. If the majority of players don't vote in favour Jagex won't bring it back. Will the silence be deafening?

http://www.runescape.com/wilderness

Can't stand the thought of a return to the days of free trade, the original wildy or the problems associated with it, make sure you get everyone who feels the same way to boycott this vote. If the majority of players don't vote in favour Jagex won't bring it back. Will the silence be deafening?

Quick find code: 240-241-777-62042395

Don't hate Grin
[img=0x40]http://i.min.us/idZkQa.png[/img]
[img=0x200]http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/137/505/zQLMZ.gif[/img]
[Image: 7WiM6jg.png]
g & a p m p r o f i l e
s t a t s (Click to View)
(2010-12-22 00:55:11)Ava Wrote:  Can't stand the thought of a return to the days of free trade, the original wildy or the problems associated with it, make sure you get everyone who feels the same way to boycott this vote. If the majority of players don't vote in favour Jagex won't bring it back. Will the silence be deafening?

Quick find code: 240-241-777-62042395

Don't hate Grin

I was just reading through that thread, and even though I've never been a pker and I'm more of a skiller myself, the fact that it will be harder to train RC via the abyss and complete clue scrolls in the wilderness just makes it more fun. There's more of a challenge.
Right now, you don't have to worry about anything if you have to complete a clue scroll in the wilderness except for a few revenants but with PKers I think it makes the game more fun and exciting. And avoiding pkers while Runecrafting would make the skill more exciting to train (as I currently find it tedious). I just think it'd add something more to the game for us skillers.
Personally though, I just voted for this because there might be a chance that free trading will return. As much as I love the Grand Exchange and it's convenience, free trade is just so much better (in my opinion anyway).
Someone on another forum said this.

"I voted for it because I'd be an asshole for not supporting people who legitimately enjoyed the wilderness."

Not calling anyone an asshole, but he makes a good point. People who really enjoy the old wild, will love this update a lot more than the people that dont want this update will hate it. It will impact a pkers playing experience a lot more than it will someone who wont venture into the wild but a few times. So why not let some fat 12 yr old be happy for awhile?
[Image: zephyr.png][Image: L_Zephyr_l.png]
[Image: R4vciL12942791852-9.gif]
In my opinion, this voting is kind of rigged towards brining the old wilderness back & removing the trade limit. I think this because of the way you can vote anybodys name, and there is no option to vote against.
That being said, I am all for it and put all my like 10 accounts names in.
I also believe this may an attempt to severly limit merchant clans, while making money & asking for our input all at the same time. Smart move Jagex.
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

I'm stoked for shit to be back to the ol days
Well I mean it could sure help but wouldn't it create more problems for people than solutions? Free trade is what I'm concerned about most, Wilderness I'm all for. The free trade issue burns because it will present us with overpriced items (you've seen how ridiculous street prices are, right?)
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
This morning when I first heard about it I was like secretly raging, I was around in the days of wildy and w2 fally trading and whilst it was nice to be able to set your own prices there were some items that were way over priced as Jordan said about, street prices come into play and they're ridiculous, also we have Pvp worlds and Bounty hunter worlds so I see no reason why we need to bring back wilderness.

In saying all that I do feel like this is all just a ploy to win some Guiness World record attempt - for a company so careful about account security, letting anyone use your name to enter an online poll in regards to the future of the game I just don't see being legit.
Yeah, it's definitely rigged, I don't see this vote deciding anything because Jagex probably already knows what they are going to do regardless.

I haven't read anything about it until just now when I saw this topic though, I normally don't bother reading Jagex updates or anything >.>

Personally though I wouldn't think this would be the free trade and old Wildy we remember it as. They probably have some big twist to it all that will make it a completely different idea, like.. only free trade between long-time friends or free trade only worlds requiring time played or total level or who knows what. Basically, I don't think Jagex would bring back the exact same system we remember. I would be over-joyed to see merchant clans go down though lol

Another thing that was usually annoying is seeing "bank sale - bnk sallle - BANKKKKKK SALLEEEEEEE" every time I walked through any bank :p Especially the people who don't know how to spell or the ones who seriously spam it every 3 seconds. I do enjoy getting double price for items when I can though :p

I don't know what Jagex will really do to be honest but we'll see what happens.
[Image: Vf5Ok.png]
[Image: k00kmf.png]
(2010-12-22 08:34:48)Downfall Wrote:  Well I mean it could sure help but wouldn't it create more problems for people than solutions?

I was just thinking that if free trade comes back then there will be so many scams. Not to mention more bots and RWT. Unless they have some method of stopping these while still allowing players to trade freely.

(2010-12-22 09:16:23)Meg Wrote:  In saying all that I do feel like this is all just a ploy to win some Guiness World record attempt - for a company so careful about account security, letting anyone use your name to enter an online poll in regards to the future of the game I just don't see being legit.

Someone else posted about that on the Runescape forums and a Mod said it has nothing to do with a Guiness World record attempt.
I don't understand why their just letting you use anyones username to vote though, it doesn't make sense.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wilderness Achievement Tasks sorchaflaith 4 3,351 2017-04-09 19:49:46
Last Post: JeliBelski
  New Penguin Quest - Back to the Freezer ChangingLane 1 1,978 2017-02-27 15:18:38
Last Post: Kakerrot
  The Wilderness and Free Trade Return! Bug 8 5,491 2011-02-08 23:46:28
Last Post: l Zephyr l
  Free Trade & Wilderness - FAQ Bug 18 10,049 2011-02-01 12:16:02
Last Post: Newbh
  Wilderness and Free Trade Starter Guides Bug 1 2,310 2011-01-28 08:24:41
Last Post: Grish