Happy New Year News

Hello there Surreal,

I'd like to take the time to wish everybody a very happy new year, may 2011 hold many great things for all of you. This news post will focus on a few things that are changing this year, and maybe letting out a few possible plans I have for the future.

Mobile browsing has been fixed!
As for today's updates - I've given our mobile users a little treat. Those who browse our forums using the iPhone, iPod, Nokia, Samsung or whatever you may use will find that there is a new mobile skin that allows you to quickly get where you want to be much faster than before with better load times!

[Image: ibFWBI.png]
A little image comes up when you post via Mobile

If there are any problems with this, please let me know. I'm sure that you mobile users will really like that update! Sometimes I even browse the forums using opera mini, and I realise how difficult it is with all that loading to do on a standard 3G connection. Not good.

You may also notice that each post on the forums has a thumbs up and thumbs down rating. This is similar to that of YouTube and other forums. I think this could prove to be a worthwhile feature in the future. I'll be letting you guys know smile

Pick your Poison is going to strike!
As you know, it is now January of 2011 - and that means Pick your Poison challenges are well on their way within the next 1-2 weeks, get your gear ready for any possible skill and lets make this a great debut for some awesome challenges! If you have any questions about PYP, send me a Private Message via flying pigeons and I will get to you as soon as possible! Make sure you've signed up!

Those who did sign up for Pick your Poison - expect to see some forums come up and information that is only visible to you and your teams. If you do see any of these forums it is indicative of you being accepted into a specific team for your challenges this year. Good luck and enjoy!

Control goes to the majority this month!
This month I'd like to focus a little bit more on variations in events, I will run a week this month where the events are completely controlled by our members! More details on this will come in the near future - but I think it would be very interesting to see how this pans out and what you guys like as events. This time, you're in control - what are you going to do with it? smile

Watch this forum for some new and exciting updates this month, much more is to come and I can't wait to release it! I'd like to say a quick thanks to all the people that helped me bring this clan up in 2010 and maintain a solid reputation - let's keep it up in 2011!

Once again, Surreal wishes you a safe and happy new year, and may you all stick to your new year's resolutions!

Take care,
Downfall - Clan Founder
You are no better than anyone else, and no one is better than you.
Sounds good Downfall. Wub
All these things sounds great, I look forward to Pick Your Poision though I am skeptical of how useful I will be to my team. :x
Thanks to all the staff (espeically Jordan) for your help in shapping surreal, this is truely an amazing clan! Biggrin
[Image: 7gfS0.png]
[Image: W_aldo.png]

"If everybody helps his neighbour then who needs help?"

Member of the Year - Member of the Month - TOTM Winner - Fight for Surreal's Top Skiller

Thanks for all the hard work you've put in to Surreal to make it the place we all love and enjoy Wub

The mobile update is fantastic! and I am looking forward to PYP and all the new and exciting plans you have for us!!

Happy New Year to everyone Wub
Thanks Downfall I appreciate all the hard work yourself and the staff does to keep us going.

Lets make 2011 an even brighter year!
thanx for mobile update ill use that at work
Some good updates for the memebers smile

Happy new year Surreal!
Wow cool updates, especially mobile skin one. :o
Thanks Downfall.
Happy new year Surreal peeps. Biggrin
Happy new years everyone!

Looks good and can't wait Jord! smile
[Image: Vf5Ok.png]
[Image: k00kmf.png]
Happy New Year Jordan. Awesome updates also smile x
[Image: rawries.png]
Awesome, I do tend to browse forums using mobile. Although, that was a while back.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Year Additions! Danny 16 9,938 2014-01-12 21:05:36
Last Post: Liz
  Surreal's 1st Birthday Banner Contest [See you next year!] Shay 46 42,190 2011-10-03 17:56:28
Last Post: Shay
  Happy April Fools! Downfall 19 15,814 2011-04-02 04:42:11
Last Post: Lynn